This easy ice cream cake is made with Reese’s pieces, vanilla ice cream, melted chocolate, peanut butter, and chocolaty rice cereal.
Plus you can’t beat how easy they are to put together and they’re always a hit with kids and adults.
I’ve seen a few different versions of an ice cream crunch cake around the web and finally decided to make one for a birthday party we were attending.
I was seriously the easiest cake to that I’ve ever made. And you only need 5 ingredients. So simple!
Then let the vanilla ice cream soften on the counter until it is nice and melty then we stir in the chocolate coated cereal.
The mixture gets spread evenly into a springform pan then we top it off with some more of the coated cereal mixture. Then we pop it into the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight so that it can set up. When you’re ready to serve, just sprinkle on some Reese’s pieces.
This cake is so simple and perfect for feeding a crowd without having to put in much effort.
- 1 quart (5 cups) of your favorite vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups of chocolate crispy rice cereal (like Cap'N'Crunch or Cocoa Pebbles)
- ⅔ cups semi-sweet melted chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cups peanut butter
- ½ Reese's Pieces Candy
- On the stove-top or in the microwave in a heat-safe bowl in 30 second increments; melt semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Add the rice cereal to a large bowl and pour melted chocolate / peanut butter mixture and stir to coat.
- Line a cookie sheet or large flat plate with parchment paper and spread the coated cereal on top. Place in the freezer to harden (about 30 minutes) then remove and break cereal into small bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, remove vanilla ice cream from freezer and place on counter to soften.
- Mix the softened ice cream with 1½ cups of coated cereal.
- Pour into a 6-inch springform pan spreading evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining crunchy cereal, and press down.
- Place pan in freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight to harden and set up.
- When ready to serve, remove cake from the freezer. Use a slim paring knife run around the edges of the springform pan and then remove the sides.
- Place on your favorite serving plate and top with Reese's Pieces Candy and more cereal if desired.
- Cut and serve.
You might also like:
Thanks for reading Life Made Sweeter, you can also stay connected with me here:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.