One Pot Teriyaki Rice with Chicken and Vegetables makes the perfect easy weeknight meal. Best of all, everything cooks up in only ONE pan in just 30 minutes. Plus Instant Pot instructions plus a step-by-step video.
There’s just something so satisfying about a delicious meal coming together in just ONE PAN. Dishes are my least favorite chore so having minimal dishes to clean up is always a bonus.
We love anything that includes teriyaki sauce and if you do too, here are a few easy recipes to get you started:
- Teriyaki Chicken Zoodles
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
- Teriyaki Beef Zoodles
- Teriyaki Shrimp Noodles
- Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Caesar Salad
This One Pot Teriyaki Rice with Chicken and Vegetables is another super simple recipe. You can whip it up in about 30 minutes. And even the rice cooks up in the same pan!
You start off by making the homemade teriyaki sauce. You can totally use your favorite store brand but making it yourself is just so easy with only 5 ingredients.
For the veggies, I used shredded carrots, red bell peppers, broccoli and edamame beans.
The rice gets infused with the delicious sweet and savory teriyaki flavors and cooks up nice and tender. I used Jasmine rice but you can use brown rice. Or if you’re short on time, instant rice works. Just adjust the covered cooking time to 5-10 minutes.
Helpful and make-ahead-tips for this One Pot Teriyaki Rice and Chicken:
- Chop the broccoli, bell pepper ahead of time the day before and store in a clear zip-top freezer bag in the fridge
- Use minute rice if you’re short on time – just remember to adjust the covered cooking time to 5-10 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Brown rice works as well but will take longer, about 30 minutes, covered.
- Make the sauce ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge
- Do you have an Instant Pot? I am a huge fan and have also included instructions to make this in the Instant Pot
- Delicious for leftovers or make a batch on Sunday meal prep and pack for your weekly school or work lunch bowls
- Divide evenly into lunch containers – I use this one
More teriyaki recipes:
Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Caesar Salad