Perfectly soft Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake – a tender and quick bread bursting with lemon flavor and loaded with plump and juicy blueberries.
There is NO butter and instead we use Greek yogurt and a little bit of coconut oil to create the extremely moist interior.
The simple lemon glaze is completely optional but it does add an extra burst of lemon flavor that can’t be beat.
It makes a delicious start to your morning and the perfect evening or after school snack.
Pair it with a cup of coffee, tea or lemonade to soak in the best remaining weeks of summer ♥
A tender and quick loaf bread bursting with lemon flavor and loaded with plump and juicy blueberries. It's quick and easy to make & the perfect pairing with your tea or coffee.
- 1-3/4 cups plus 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil I used melted coconut but you can use canola or vegetable
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- juice from 1 lemon around 3 Tablespoons
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries fresh tossed in 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (can substitute with frozen but leave them frozen and do not thaw)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Toss fresh blueberries together with one tablespoon of flour. Set aside. (If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw and add at the end)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar. Slowly beat in vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients using a spatula just until smooth. Be careful not to over-mix or the loaf will bake up tough.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the loaf pan. Remove from loaf pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Can serve alone warm or make the glaze.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Add more or less juice depending on how thick you want the glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze on top of cooled bread.
Slightly Adapted from Taste of Home
More blueberry lemon recipes:
Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake – Sally’s Baking Addiction
Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes – Table for Two Blog