This incredibly easy slow cooker chili makes a hearty and comforting dish that is perfect for a chilly day or any time of the year! For the best flavors that can be Whole30 and low-carb friendly, this family favorite chili is brewed with adobo chili and sweet potatoes that are delicious and so easy to make.
Easy Slow Cooker Chili
This simple chili made in the Crockpot is hearty, flavorful, and contains the perfect blend of so many delicious ingredients that are definitely pantry friendly. There is nothing more comforting on a cold day than having a big pot of simmering hot chili waiting for you. What makes this recipe even more amazing is the fact that it is made in the slow cooker.
Easy slow cooker chili can be customized for any vegetarian, low-carb, or Whole30 lifestyles. With so many options for toppings and substitutions, this healthy chili makes a perfect comfort meal for almost anyone. Not only is this chili extremely versatile, but it is perfect as a freezer meal! Have a huge batch left over? Simply freeze it for another busy day.
The flavor is amazing and the texture of the beef is so tender. I have added sweet potatoes to make this even more satisfying and hearty, but you can totally leave it out if you want. This chili is a breeze to make when you can just throw everything into the Crockpot, and six hours later, you will have the best chili ever.
Ingredients Needed For This Chili Recipe
- neutral oil, like avocado or coconut oil
- extra lean ground beef; can use ground turkey
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- smoked paprika
- ground coriander
- chipotle chili in adobo sauce; use a Whole30 compliant brand
- salt and pepper
- sweet potato
- canned tomatoes
- tomato sauce; Whole30 compliant
- beef broth
How To Make Crockpot Chili
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until fragrant for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and ground beef and cook until the beef is completely brown and cooked through while crumbling with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Drain most of the excess fat and pour beef into slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. Taste, and season with additional salt and pepper or seasonings as needed. Ladle into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
How To Store Chili
Once the chili has cooled off, then transfer to a storage container, such as a reusable bag or glass container. Place in the refrigerator and store for up to three-four days. If wanting to freeze this chili, then place the chili in a reusable container and freeze for up to four months.
For an easier storage method, place the bags of chili in a single flat layer and stack the bags.
Other Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- Slow Cooker Harvest Chicken
- Crockpot Parmesan White Bean Chicken Soup from Half Baked Harvest
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
An easy slow cooker chili that is hearty, flavorful and comforting. Top with fresh avocado, cheese, and cilantro for a delicious and wholesome meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef substitute ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion peeled, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes diced
- 2-14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1-15 ounce can tomato sauce *can be Whole30 compliant
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth *can be Whole30 compliant
- 2 tablespoons chili powder *can be Whole3 compliant
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin *can be Whole30 compliant
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika *can be Whole30 compliant
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander *can be Whole30 compliant
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce chopped; *omit for Whole30
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cans 15 ounce red kidney beans drained and rinsed; *omit for Whole30
- shredded cheese *substitute vegan cheese or omit
- sour cream *can be dairy-free
- avocado sliced
- tortilla chips *omit for Whole30
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until fragrant for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and ground beef and cook until the beef is completely brown and cooked through while crumbling with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Drain most of the excess fat and pour beef into slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. Taste, and season with additional salt and pepper or seasonings as needed.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
- Find Whole30 compliant brands, like Primal Kitchen or Osso Good Organic Grass-Fed Bone Broth
- Omit dairy and beans if Whole30
- Can use ground turkey instead of ground beef
Thanks for reading Life Made Sweeter, you can also stay connected with me here: