Easy slow cooker chili makes a hearty and comforting dish that’s perfect for a chilly day. Brewed with adobo chili and sweet potatoes for the best flavors.
It’s hearty, flavorful, and the perfect blend of so many delicious ingredients.
The best thing about making a big pot is that it freezes beautifully so it’s perfect for left overs.
The flavor is amazing and the texture of the beef is so tender. You can also choose to make this with ground turkey.
I’ve added sweet potatoes to make this even more satisfying and hearty but you can totally leave it out if you want.
It’s a breeze to make when you can just throw everything into the crock-pot and six hours later, you’ll have the best chili ever.
Easy Slow Cooker Chili
An easy slow cooker chili that is hearty, flavorful and comforting.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 451kcal Calories from fat 131|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 15g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||44%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cans 15 ounce red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, tortilla chips or other desired toppings
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until fragrant for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and ground beef and cook until the beef is completely brown and cooked through while crumbling with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Drain most of the excess fat and pour beef into slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. Taste, and season with additional salt and pepper or seasonings as needed.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!
More dishes to warm you up:
Thanks for reading Life Made Sweeter, you can also stay connected with me here: