- Chickpeas - Red Onion - Garlic Cloves - Lemon Juice - Fresh Parsley - Fresh Cilantro - Nutritional Yeast - Smoked Paprika - Ground Cumin - Ground Coriander - Cayenne Pepper - Salt - Black Pepper - Blanched Almond Flour - Baking Soda
- Pulse the chickpeas in a food processor with onion & garlic until mostly smooth. Add lemon juice, parsley, coriander, yeast, paprika, cumin, coriander, salt, & pepper. - Blitz again until combined then stir in flour & baking soda. Take a tablespoon of mixture & form into balls or patties.
TO PAN FRY
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Gently place the patties in a single layer in a large pan, work in batches as needed. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and hot through.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place balls on a large baking sheet / baking pan lined with parchment paper or lightly coated & bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping each one over half-way through.
TO AIR FRY
- Lightly coat falafel with avocado oil spray. Working in batches, place the patties in the air fryer basket. Turn the air fryer to 375F & cook for 12-13 minutes, flipping each one over half-way through.
Crispy baked falafel are best served hot on the same day.