Beef and Broccoli stir fry makes the perfect dish when that takeout craving hits! Best of all, this skinny-version is SO easy and flavorful and much healthier and way better than any restaurant version. Great for Sunday meal prep for school or work lunchboxes or lunch bowls! Plus recipe video.
As kind of a picky eater when I was growing up, my mom said there were only a handful of dishes that I would eat.
My brother’s Beef and Broccoli – seriously it’s SO SO good! He could totally rock the wok and still makes the best stir-fry dishes!
It’s a favorite Chinese dish that still shows up at my own family’s dinner table regularly since my husband and kids love it.
Plus, there’s also an option to make this gluten-free or paleo friendly if you are trying to incorporate more of those recipes into your diet.
Tips for cooking the beef:
The key to getting that nice restaurant sizzle is to get the pan really, really hot before adding the beef.
Let the pan sit on high heat with the cooking oil for about 2 minutes. Or until you see enough steam rising before adding the beef and garlic.
Cutting the beef nice and thin and coating it with cornstarch seals in that rich flavor. It also adds a nice and juicy coating to the marinated beef strips. And you won’t have to worry about tough and chewy pieces.
So juicy, succulent and you can’t beat how quickly this dish comes together. Who needs take-out when this Skinny Beef and Broccoli comes together in just under 30 minutes?!
MAKE AHEAD AND MEAL PREP TIPS FOR THIS BEEF AND BROCCOLI STIR-FRY
- Wash and prep the broccoli the day before and store in a large zip-top freezer bag.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce the day before and store in a resealable container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- If serving with rice, quinoa or noodles, make a big batch and store in a large resealable container in the fridge.
- This recipe works great for meal prep on Sundays and leftovers are delicious for work or school lunch bowls for the rest of the week.
- Divide into lunch containers (these are the ones I use —-> lunch containers) with your favorite carb – cauliflower rice, brown or white rice, quinoa or even noodles!
More lunch bowls:
Watch the recipe video for step-by-step instructions:
We’ve gathered more new recipes for you to check out this month! Make sure to check out all the delicious recipes!