I was sent a Cosori 6 quart 8-in-1 Pressure Cooker to review but all opinions remain 100% my own.
WHAT IS A PRESSURE COOKER?
If you guys have been a regular reader on my site, you’ll know that I am a big fan of getting dinner on the table quickly. That’s why I am such a fan of using a pressure cooker.
So what are the pros of pressure cooking?
- allows you to cook food at a higher temperature than you’d be able to through stovetop boiling.
- preserves 90-95% of your food’s vitamins using a pressure cooker.
A few months ago, Cosori was kind enough to send me their 6 Quart 8-1- Pressure Cooker to review. Having already owned an Instant Pot for a few years, I wanted to see how other pressure cookers compared.
WHAT COMES WITH THE COSORI 8-IN-1 PRESSURE COOKER:
- 8-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker: Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Hot Pot, Steamer & Warmer.
- Silicone ring
- Glass lid
- Steamer rack
- Rice spoon
- Measuring cup
- Recipe booklet
WHAT WE LOVED ABOUT THE COSORI:
10 SAFETY MECHANISMS:
- Pressure Limiter – ensures pressure is kept within safe operating levels.
- Lid Lock Safety – prevents the lid from being opened while the cooker is pressurized.
- Anti-Clog Protection – keeps food particles from blocking the pressure release valve.
- Lid Position Monitor – prevents the pressure cooker from operating if the lid is improperly positioned
- Micro Limit Switch Protection – Watches to ensure your lid is sealed and secure.
- Pressure Auto-Control Guard always keeps pressure in a safe range.
- Electrical Current Monitor – automatically turns off pressure cooker if the current exceeds safe operational levels.
- Excessive Pressure Protection – internally releases pressure to avoid hazardous situations
- Temperature Controller – ensures food is evenly cooked, but not burned
- Excess Temperature Monitor – cuts power to temperature fuse if internal temperature exceeds safety limits.
FEATURES OF THE COSORI 8-IN-1 PRESSURE COOKER:
- equipped with one-touch settings, a patented design, and advanced steam technology.
- Includes: 16 Smart Programs: Meat/Stew, Poultry, Soup, Beans/Chili, White Rice, Brown Rice, Multigrain, Steam Vegetables, Slow Cook, Yogurt, Pasta/Boil, Steam Potatoes, Hot Pot, Sauté/Brown, Bake, Reheat, Automatic Keep Warm. 3 adjustable temperatures for saute/brown, slow cook, hot pot and reheat
- Ability to delay cooking time up to 12 hours;
- Manual setting up to 12 hours of cook time;
- 6 different pressure levels; 2 manual cooking modes (pressure cooking & temperature); Unlock indicator
THINGS WE MADE IN THE COSORI 8-IN-1 PRESSURE COOKER:
The pressure cooker is perfect for meal prep. You can make recipes that usually take hours in about a fraction of the time without having to stand at the stove.
We made boiled eggs, pot roast and chicken stock.
WHAT WE THOUGHT OF THE COSORI 8-IN-1 PRESSURE COOKER:
- preset programs made meals easy to cook
- had a little bit of trouble with manually entering the cook time but worked later on
- delay start function is a very handy function that you can start and stop – even while you are away at work
- eggs peeled perfectly
- pot roast cooked up tender
- chicken stock was flavorful and cooked in a 1/3 of the time it normally would take
WHERE TO PURCHASE COSORI: