These chewy no-bake almond and cranberry granola bars make a healthy, satisfying snack made all in one pot with with NO butter, have no REFINED SUGAR added, and are VEGAN and GLUTEN FREE with certified gluten free oats.
Granola bars are one of my favorite easy snacks I turn to when I want to fuel up quickly after a workout. I make a different batch every week depending on what I have on hand and for the longest time, I’ve been trying to come up with a healthier no-bake version that still tastes great with that perfect chewy texture.
Plus, it was important that this would remain an easy recipe that you can make all in ONE POT and without having to use a FOOD PROCESSOR because my least favorite thing is having to wash 5 bowls just to make granola bars.
These Healthy Chewy No-Bake Granola Bars with Almond & Cranberry were one of the batches that met all of those criteria the best!
They come together easily in ONE POT and are sort of a cross between a Lara, Kind and Cliff bar combined in one.
They only contain a few ingredients that you can find easily with:
NO white flour
NO added butter
and NO added refined sugar.
Feel free to use the ingredients and brands you love and have on hand. I am only sharing what I used to show that granola bars can be made healthier.
- rolled oats (I used certified gluten free oats)
- oat flour – (I made my own from certified gluten free oats)
- unsweetened shredded coconut (I used unsweetened organic coconut flakes)
- pitted dates – mixed with water to create a paste (I used medjool dates)
- coconut oil (I used organic extra virgin coconut oil)
- peanut butter (feel free to sub in your favorite nut or seed butter) (I used natural organic smooth peanut butter)
- almonds (again feel free to sub in your favorite nuts)
- sunflower seeds (feel free to sub in your favorite seeds or leave out entirely)
- dried cranberries (I used organic dried cranberries,refined sugar free) (optional – you may choose to leave these out or use your favorite dried fruit)
- ground cinnamon
- ground flaxseeds
These bars are soft and chewy with crunchy almonds in every bite.
The peanut butter gives these that nutty flavor as well as protein to give you energy to start the day. You can also easily sub in almond butter or any other nut or seed butter if you don’t want to use peanut butter.
They are also gluten free depending on the brand of oats you buy. Like many other granola bar recipes, you can swap out the add-ins for the ingredients that you like or have on hand.
The cranberry and almond flavor work extremely well together in here but you can leave out the dried cranberries if you prefer.
Toss in some dark chopped chocolate or even add cocoa powder and cashews to mix them up if you’d like.
These bars are sweet enough for me and my husband who has a big sweet tooth. I wanted to keep my bars sugar-free but if you prefer your granola bars on the sweeter sude, you can definitely add in the sweetener of your choice.
These bars give you that energy boost you need for a pre/post workout snack and make a healthy and hearty grab-and-go breakfast/snack that the entire family will love!
Looking for more healthy snacks?
I’m now on YouTube, you can catch my first video here:
Thanks for reading Life Made Sweeter. You can also stay connected with me on: