This easy Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats recipe is the perfect make ahead breakfast for busy mornings. It’s gluten free, vegan & requires only 5 minutes of prep time! Made with hearty oats, apples and warm spices, it’s a healthy breakfast your family will love.
WHAT ARE OVERNIGHT OATS?
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CINNAMON OVERNIGHT OATS?
- Start by combining rolled or old fashioned oats with your favorite milk and / or coconut or Greek yogurt in a 8 oz. mason jar, resealable container or a bowl. These 7 oz jars are the ones you actually see in the photos and are currently my favorite ones.
- Add chia seeds, chopped apples and cinnamon. Overnight oats are also super versatile so feel free to add any other spices you like.
- Seal or cover with a lid and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with more chopped apples and ground cinnamon, if desired.
DO I HAVE TO EAT OVERNIGHT OATS COLD OR CAN I HEAT THEM UP?
You can enjoy overnight oats both ways. Enjoy them straight from the fridge with more toppings or heat them up in the microwave in a heat-safe bowl or container (or you can even heat them up in a pot over the stove).
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats - the perfect easy make ahead breakfast for busy fall mornings on the go. Best of all, this gluten free and vegan recipe requires only 5 minutes of prep time and is made with hearty oats, apples and warm spices.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats gluten free as needed
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup almond milk or your favorite milk for a non-vegan version - you can add half milk and half Greek yogurt for creaminess as well
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped apples , I used gala (plus more for topping, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup honey or low carb liquid sweetener , optional
- Add oats, milk, chia seeds, apples, cinnamon (and sweetener if desired) together in a mason jar, resealable container or a bowl. (If you like your oatmeal more creamier, you can add more milk and less if you like them on the chunkier side - you can also add an extra 2 tablespoons yogurt (dairy free if needed) to make them creamier).
- Shake jar or mix and combine with a spoon. Seal and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy cold or heat up in the microwave or stove-top.
- Serve with more milk as desired and top with additional chopped apples and ground cinnamon before serving, if desired.