This easy Blueberry Overnight Oats recipe is the perfect make ahead breakfast. Made with oats, almond milk, almond butter and maple syrup, it’s a delicious and healthy breakfast you’ll love!
Don’t forget to Pin this recipe for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
During the summer, we are all about quick and easy breakfasts and you can’t get any easier than overnight oats.
This no cook recipe is super simple to prep ahead the night before and perfect when the weather is hot and you don’t feel like cooking over a hot stove.
I love that you can make a batch on meal prep Sunday with your favorite flavors.
Blueberries are my son’s favorite summer berry. He can eat them by the fistful and tossing a few into these blueberry overnight oats always brings a big smile to his face.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE OVERNIGHT OATS:
All you need to make overnight oats are just a few simple pantry ingredients:
- Oats: Overnight oats are typically made with old-fashioned rolled oats and sometimes quick oats. Use gluten free as needed.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds give overnight oats that thick pudding-like texture and add extra fiber but feel free to leave them out if you aren’t a fan.
- Milk: Use your favorite dairy or dairy-free milk you like or have on hand. We usually like to use almond but coconut milk, cashew milk all work great for a vegan option.
- Yogurt – You can add a combination of milk and yogurt to make your oats extra creamy .
- Fruit: Have fun with your toppings. Add fruit that won’t get mushy directly into the mason jar or toss them on directly on top of the oats when you’re ready to eat.
- Sweetener: Leave out or use any sweetener you like – honey, maple syrup, a ripe banana, dates or any low-carb liquid sweetener like stevia, monk fruit or erythritol will work.
- Nut or seed butter: Almond butter, cashew butter, pumpkin butter, sunflower seed butter and or peanut butter add that savory-nutty flavor and a certain creaminess.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY OVERNIGHT OATS:
These blueberry overnight oats are one of the easiest breakfasts that even your kids can help you assemble the night before. You can use a mason jar, resealable container or a bowl.
- Start by combining rolled or old fashioned oats with your favorite milk and / or coconut or Greek yogurt in a 8 oz. mason jar, resealable container or a bowl. These 7 oz jars are the ones you actually see in the photos and are currently my favorite ones.
- Add a few blueberries, vanilla and almond butter and mix to combine.
- Seal up the container and park it in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, you can heat the glass jar up in the microwave for a hot breakfast or enjoy your overnight oats cold straight from the fridge. You can add more milk and any fun toppings of your choice.
FOR SUNDAY MEAL PREP:
Double or triple the batch and divide into separate mason jars or resealable containers.
OTHER FLAVOR OPTIONS FOR OVERNIGHT OATS:
You can add some coconut, lemon, honey, maple syrup or add a few slices of bananas for extra sweetness and potassium.
Serve with strawberries and blackberries for a triple berry treat.
Or for even more Overnight Oatmeal options – be sure to check this post out with 8 fun flavors!
Blueberry Overnight Oats – the perfect easy make ahead no cook breakfast to enjoy for on the go. Best of all, gluten free and only 5 minutes of prep time.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats gluten free as needed
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup almond milk or your favorite milk for a non-vegan version - you can add half milk and half Greek yogurt for creaminess as well
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup honey or low carb liquid sweetener
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries plus more for toppings
- Add oats, milk, chia seeds, vanilla and blueberries (and sweetener if desired) together in a mason jar, resealable container or a bowl. (If you like your oatmeal more creamier, you can add more milk and less if you like them on the chunkier side - you can also add an extra 2 tablespoons yogurt (dairy free if needed) to make them creamier).
- Shake jar or mix and combine with a spoon. Seal and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Yum! This was delicious!