This easy mushroom soup is so creamy and comforting – makes a fantastic starter to any meal.
This creamy mushroom soup is easy to make, creamy and comforting — absolutely a fantastic starter to any meal.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups mushroom cut into 4 sections
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup milk
- 1 14.5-ounce can chicken broth can substitute with vegetable broth if vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- mascarpone cheese for topping; optional
- fresh thyme for topping; optional
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms in butter until soft; reduce heat to low.
- Mix onion and garlic into mushrooms and cook until onion is soft and translucent.
- Stir flour into mushroom mixture and cook, stirring often.
- Add thyme, milk, and chicken broth into mushroom mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes in low heat. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer soup to a blender and puree on high speed until smooth and thick.
Serve in bowls and garnish with thyme leaves or mascarpone (optional)
Linda, thanks so much for guest posting here today and for sharing this fantastic recipe! Happy Blog Anniversary!
You can connect with Linda over at Brunch with Joy and find her on: