Easy Margherita Pizza is the perfect homemade fix for Pizza Night. It’s fresh, simple and has all the classic flavors you love about the classic Italian favorite.
Pizza night is a favorite at our house. It’s the one thing that I know is sure to be greeted with cheers by everyone in our house.
And since it’s National Pizza Day, I couldn’t help sharing one of our favorites, this easy Margherita Pizza.
When it comes to making the pizza, we make it a family event and everyone has their own task. My kiddos help me add the ingredients for the dough and my husband is in charge of shaping it onto the pizza pan.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY MARGHERITA PIZZA
- Start off by rolling out your favorite homemade or storebought pizza dough.
- Next, spread a layer of your favorite tomato sauce on top of pizza crust.
- Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheeses, top with a few heirloom tomatoes and then a few Mozzarella slices.
- Bake in preheated 550 F degree oven for 7-10 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling. Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil and black pepper.
This pizza was fresh, flavorful and baked up perfectly!
- 1/2 cup pizza or tomato sauce use your favorite or a good quality version
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza crust
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 3 heirloom tomatoes sliced (or any tomato you like)
- handful of fresh basil
- Prepare the pizza dough according to directions and shape onto a large round non-stick pizza pan.
- Preheat oven to 550F.
- Spread tomato sauce on top of pizza crust. Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheeses, top with a few heirloom tomatoes and then a few Mozzarella slices.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling. Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil and black pepper.
I have had and made many pizza margheritas in my life….but have never thought of using heirloom tomatoes on one….this is such a stunning recipe…and the pizza looks so delicious! I will take two please 🙂