These Easy Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls take less than 10 minutes to put together with crescent roll dough, cinnamon sugar and sweet strawberries with the option to make them in the slow cooker or the oven. They’re easily dairy-free, refined-sugar and make the perfect breakfast, brunch or dessert for spring or summer!
Updated March 2023
Easy Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Looking for a delicious spring or summer brunch that everyone will love for Easter morning or Mother’s Day? These easy Strawberry Cinnamon Rollsbake up soft, fluffy and melt in your mouth delicious.
They make the perfect indulgent breakfast or brunch for any spring morning or when you have company. Plus they’re easier to whip up than homemade cinnamon rolls from scratch because they start off with a package of refrigerated crescent dough. And you have the option to make them in the oven or in your slow cooker. So perfect on those hot and humid days when you don’t want to heat up your house.
And for a make-ahead option, you can put them together the night before and pop them in the oven or slow cooker the next morning.
They’re great for special occasions, when you have overnight guests or want an extra special treat. There’s also dairy-free and refined-sugar free options as well
With less than 10 minutes of prep time and they bake up amazingly soft, gooey and make a decadent breakfast, brunch or dessert. Top them with a sweet dairy-free or regular cream cheese frosting and you can enjoy them warm right out of the oven or slow cooker.
Ingredients you need
For the cinnamon roll dough
- Vegan butter – we like Miyokos non-dairy-butter for our Dairy Free Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls but you can use any brand you prefer. You may also sub with regular unsalted butter if not dairy-free
- Granulated pure maple sugar – an unrefined granulated sugar derived from maple syrup. You can use any granulated sweetener such as Lakanto monk fruit sweetener or any granulated sugar you prefer
For the Glaze:
- Vegan butter – or sub with regular unsalted butter if not dairy-free
- Powdered sugar – our favorite unrefined powdered sugar. You can also use any any powdered sweetener such as Lakanto powdered monk fruit sweetener or any powdered sugar you prefer.
- Unsweetened almond milk – or you can use any milk you like or have on hand
- Pure vanilla extract
How To Make these Easy Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
Start off with a package of refrigerated crescent roll dough. Unroll it and then press the seams together.
- Spread an even layer of melted butter, cinnamon sugar and some fresh diced strawberries. Roll the dough up into a log and cut into even slices.
- Place the rolls in a baking pan or your slow cooker.
- Bake at 375 degrees in the oven until golden brown.
- If you’re making this in your crock-pot, set on HIGH and cook for 1 hour and then turn to LOW for the remaining 30 minutes to 1 HOUR to prevent it from burning. If your slow cooker runs hot, be sure to check on the rolls a little earlier.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, you can make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar, milk (or lemon juice for a tangier glaze) and vanilla.
- Drizzle over the rolls and you’ve got cinnamon rolls that are soft, gooey and melt in your mouth good!
Freezer and storage instructions
The great thing about homemade cinnamon rolls is that they are easy to make ahead and freezer friendly.
How to freeze cinnamon roll dough: Be sure to freeze the dough after you have cut into slices. Simply place in pan and cover with plastic wrap and freeze the entire pan. You can store the dough in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to thaw: When you are ready to bake, remove the pan from the freezer and let the dough thaw in the fridge overnight. Move to a warm spot for 1 hour before baking to allow the dough to rise. When ready, bake the cinnamon rolls as per the instructions.
To freeze after baking: once your unfrosted cinnamon rolls are cool to room temperature, you are going to tightly wrap the baking pan with plastic wrap or transfer to a resealable airtight container and store in the freezer. They will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
How to reheat: When ready to eat, remove the pan from the oven and allow to thaw at room temperature.
Bake in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes or heat them up in the microwave individually on medium heat for about 30 seconds or until warm.
More cinnamon roll recipes:
These Easy Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls take less than 10 minutes to put together with crescent roll dough, cinnamon sugar and sweet strawberries with the option to make them in the slow cooker or the oven. They're easily dairy-free, refined-sugar and make the perfect breakfast, brunch or dessert for spring or summer!
- 1 8 ounce tube refrigerated crescent roll dough , gluten-free as required
- 2 tbsp unsalted (or dairy-free) butter , softened (+ 2 more tablespoons if cooking in the slow cooker)
- 1/4 cup granulated pure maple sugar , coconut sugar or preferred granulated sugar of choice (Monk Fruit etc. for lower sugar)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar / sweetener of choice
- 1-2 teaspoons dairy-free (or regular) milk , of choice
- 1/3 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Gently unroll dough (do not separate) and pinch the seams to seal to create one big sheet.
Spread or brush the butter over the dough. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Add an even layer of strawberries.
- Roll the dough tightly into a log, starting at the short end and pinch seam to seal. Cut into even pieces (about 6).
- To Make in the Oven
Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease an 8 or 9 inch baking pan or 2.5 quart casserole dish and place the rolls inside.
- Bake according to package direction - about 15 to 19 minutes or until golden brown.
- To Make In the Slow Cooker
Add 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar of choice to the bottom of a 4.5-5 quart slow cooker. Arrange buns neatly in the bottom.
- Place two pieces of paper towels to cover the slow cooker (this prevents condensation from dripping) then place lid carefully over the paper towel.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour then set to LOW for the remaining 30 minutes to 1 hour. (**VERY IMPORTANT: If your slow cooker runs hot, check on the rolls earlier to prevent burning).
- For the GlazeIn a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk for desired consistency.
- Drizzle over rolls. Serve warm.