Easy Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls – a super easy treat for breakfast, brunch or dessert! Takes less than 10 minutes to put together with crescent roll dough, cinnamon sugar and sweet strawberries. Instructions for oven and slow cooker plus recipe video.
Aaah, cinnamon rolls. I can’t think of anything better than the sweet aroma that fills your house when they’re baking up in the oven.
With summer just around the corner, I’m sure everyone’s weekends are busy or most of us would rather be outside enjoying the warmer weather.
That’s where these easy Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls come in. They start off with a package of refrigerated crescent dough and are a cinch to make!
With less than 10 minutes of prep time and they bake up amazingly soft, gooey and make a decadent breakfast, brunch or dessert.
And the best part though? You can make them in the oven or your slow cooker! So perfect on those hot and humid days when you don’t want to heat up your house.
And for a make-ahead option, you can put them together the night before and pop them in the oven or slow cooker the next morning.
They’re great for special occasions, when you have overnight guests or want an extra special treat.
How To Make these Easy Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
Start off with a package of refrigerated crescent roll dough. Unroll it and then press the seams together.
Spread an even layer of melted butter, cinnamon sugar and some fresh diced strawberries. Roll the dough up into a log and cut into even slices.
Place the rolls in a baking pan or your slow cooker.
Bake at 375 degrees in the oven until golden brown.
If you’re making this in your crock-pot, set on HIGH and cook for 1 hour and then turn to LOW for the remaining 30 minutes to 1 HOUR to prevent it from burning. If your slow cooker runs hot, be sure to check on the rolls a little earlier.
While the cinnamon rolls are baking, you can make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar, milk (or lemon juice for a tangier glaze) and vanilla.
Drizzle over the rolls and you’ve got cinnamon rolls that are soft, gooey and melt in your mouth good!
Easy Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls – Slow Cooker or Oven + VIDEO
- 1 (8 ounce) tube of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (+ 2 more tablespoons if cooking in the slow cooker)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cup diced strawberries
- For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk (lemon juice)
- 1/3 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Gently unroll dough (do not separate) and pinch the seams to seal to create one big sheet.
- Spread or brush butter over the dough. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Add an even layer of strawberries.
- Roll the dough tightly into a log, starting at the short end and pinch seam to seal. Cut into even pieces (about 6).
- To Make in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 8 or 9 inch baking pan or 2.5 quart casserole dish and place the rolls inside.
- Bake according to package direction - about 15 to 19 minutes or until golden brown.
- To Make In the Slow Cooker
- Add 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 tablespoon brown sugar to the bottom of a 4.5-5 quart slow cooker. Arrange buns neatly in the bottom.
- Place two pieces of paper towels to cover the slow cooker (this prevents condensation from dripping) then place lid carefully over the paper towel.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour then set to LOW for the remaining 30 minutes to 1 hour. (**VERY IMPORTANT: If your slow cooker runs hot, check on the rolls earlier to prevent burning).
- For the GlazeIn a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk for desired consistency.
- Drizzle over rolls. Serve warm.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!