Soft and chewy gingerbread cookies with butterscotch chips sandwiched together with gooey marshmallows and sweet chocolate.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Hershey’s. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
My kitchen has been working over time in the past few weeks thanks to all the holiday baking that’s been going on.
It’s also thanks to the wonderful people over at Hershey’s who were kind enough to send me a box of cocoa and chocolates to last me through the busiest baking time of the year for their #ChipItsHoliday campaign.
Nothing screams the holidays to me more than freshly baked sweet and spicy gingerbread cookies. It is also my son’s current flavor obsession so that may explain why you’ve been seeing a lot of gingerbread goodies on here.
These Gingerbread Butterscotch S’mores Sandwich Cookies were a result of one of our many baking sessions using the CHIPITS chocolate.
They start off with a soft and chewy gingerbread cookie dough that’s loaded with creamy dreamy butterscotch morsels and Skor bits. Butterscotch and gingerbread are a match made in heaven and tossing in the toffee bits along with a few semi-sweet chocolate chips makes them even more irresistible!
As if all that wasn’t enough, they are then sandwiched between gooey toasted marshmallows and some sweet melt-y chocolate.
It combines all your favorite holiday and summer flavors into one decadent and ooey gooey treat. You get that hit of warm spices and molasses but then that sweet butterscotch and toffee flavor take over.
This amazing explosion of flavors is extremely addicting and satisfying and will leave you smitten for your new favorite cookie of the season!
- 16-18 Jumbo Marshmallows
- 2 cups Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour measured correctly with the spoon and level method
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Hershey's butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Skor toffee bits
- 1/2 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, salt, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together for about 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the molasses and beat until combined completely.
- Add the vanilla and eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping sides.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until just barely combined. Fold in butterscotch chips, toffee bits and semi-sweet chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Remove dough and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Scoop out cookie dough about 1.5 tablespoons each and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until they are no longer shiny on top and the edges are set.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies set on the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, place marshmallows in a broiler or firepit until toasted to desired doneness.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 2 cups of chocolate chips in 20-second increments, stirring thoroughly between each increment until just melted and smooth. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. Add a little bit of corn syrup or vegetable oil for easier spreading if desired.
- Take one cookie and spread melted chocolate over the bottom side half of the cookie.
- Place 1-2 toasted jumbo marshmallows on top of melted chocolate and top with another cookie. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Hershey’s. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.