Hawaiian Buffalo Chicken Flatbread makes the perfect easy appetizer for game day! Topped with tender rotisserie chicken, gooey mozzarella, sweet pineapples, tangy buffalo sauce and crumbled feta cheese.
These Hawaiian Buffalo Chicken Flatbreads are one of my husband’s favorite appetizers and they couldn’t be more simple to put together! The buffalo sauce comes together easily in a saucepan using only 3 ingredients:
- buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s)
Once the sauce has been combined and thickened up, we add a few spoonfuls over the flatbread or naan and sprinkle with mozzarella and a handful of cooked chicken breast. You can use any leftover rotisserie chicken if you have that on hand too.
Next we add a few pineapple chunks along with some blue cheese or feta.
Sprinkle on more mozzarella and chopped green onions then bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese gets nice and bubbly.
Slice them up and don’t forget to serve with fresh cut carrots and celery.
The sweet, tangy, and spicy combination is sure to be a hit with your guests!
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce I used Frank's
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2-4 pieces flatbread or naan
- 3/4 cup diced rotisserie chicken
- 1-2/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapples diced
- 3 Tablespoons blue cheese or feta
- extra buffalo sauce for drizzling
- fresh parsley topping
- 1 green onion sliced for topping
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together buffalo sauce, butter, and honey until melted and combined. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spread half of the buffalo sauce onto flatbreads. Then, set aside.
- Add chicken to saucepan and stir evenly to coat with buffalo sauce.
- Top flatbreads with 1 cup of cheese. Divide the chicken, pineapple, and blue cheese evenly among the pizzas. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with additional buffalo sauce and fresh parsley, if desired.