Easy hearty and healthy homemade vegetable pasta soup is loaded with green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, and beans.
This Hearty Vegetable Pasta Soup is filled with tons of veggies like green beans, potatoes, peas, carrots and sweet potatoes. The kidney beans and pasta make this hearty enough to fill you up and keep you going throughout the day.
It’s the perfect vessel for tossing in any other combination of vegetables you might have lying around int he fridge. I like to make a big pot and then freeze the leftovers for another day.
It is hearty, warming and makes great leftovers for lunch or you can pack it up to take along to work the next day.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 small potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes diced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh green beans or peas
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 cup cooked al dente pasta I used rotini
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in garlic, onions, carrots, and potatoes.
Sauté until onions are translucent. Pour in the entire can of tomatoes, water, and beans.
- Bring to a simmer for about 5-7 minutes. Season with oregano, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Finish by adding in green beans/peas and pasta. Simmer for 5 more minutes until green beans are heated through.
- Ladle into serving bowls.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Thanks for reading Life Made Sweeter, you can also stay connected with me here:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Google+ | Instagram | Bloglovin
This was SO delicious! THank you!