Pizza night is a favorite at our house. It’s the one thing that I know is sure to be greeted with cheers by everyone in our house.
When it comes to making the pizza, we make it a family event and everyone has their own task. My kiddos help me add the ingredients for the dough and my husband is in charge of shaping it onto the pizza pan.
Oxo recently sent me this new Non-Stick Pizza Pan and we are completely smitten. Our pizza usually sticks when we used our previous pizza pan but with Oxo’s micro-textured pattern, it helps to improve airflow for even baking and everything slides off easily.
We decided to switch things up from our usual and made this Easy Margherita Pizza.
I used Oxo’s Complete Grate & Slice Set which includes coarse and medium grating and straight and julienne slicing surfaces. I just loved how easily and evenly it sliced the tomatoes and Mozzarella Cheese.
Finally, this 4″ Pizza Wheel was such a joy to use. It’s made from clear plastic that prevents cheese from sticking and won’t damage non-stick pans.
This pizza was fresh, flavorful and baked up perfectly! My husband would happily eat pizza every day of the week if he could and all of these tools definitely helped to make pizza night another success.
Homemade Margherita pizza with sliced tomatoes, basil, mozzarella cheese and sauce. A simple & quick weeknight meal to please even the pickiest eaters!
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza or tomato sauce use your favorite or a good quality version
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 3 heirloom tomatoes sliced (or any tomato you like)
- handful of fresh basil
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Prepare the pizza dough according to directions and shape onto Non-Stick Pro Pizza Pan.
- Preheat oven to 550F.
- Spread tomato sauce on top of pizza crust. Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheeses, top with a few heirloom tomatoes and then a few Mozzarella slices.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling. Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil and black pepper.