No Bake Mixed Berry Icebox Cake – the perfect easy red, white & blue summer dessert. Best of all, instead of triple, it’s made with four berries & only 10 minutes of prep time containing fresh whipped cream, cream cheese, graham crackers, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. Plus video.
If you guys have hung around here long enough, you know my favorite treat to make during the heat are icebox cakes. They are seriously so easy to make and perfect for making ahead the night before.
So far we’ve made:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Icebox Cake which is a popular reader favorite
- Cherry Cheesecake
- Peanut Cup Butter Oreo
- Monster Cookie
- Pumpkin Icebox Cake – great for fall or Halloween parties
All nestled between whipped cream, cream cheese and graham crackers. The layers soften into an airy cake-like texture as it rests in the fridge.
This Mixed Berry Icebox Cake is perfect for taking along to your next potluck or barbecue. Anytime we bring an icebox cake, it’s guaranteed to be a hit with never any leftovers.
And with the red, white and blue colors, it makes a patriotic choice for any Memorial Day or Fourth of July celebration or party!
Notes for this No Bake Mixed Berry Icebox Cake
- assemble in advance and store covered in the fridge overnight
- instead of graham crackers, you can use Vanilla Oreo cookies or vanilla wafer cookies
- 3-1/2 cups freshly whipped cream divided (or can use 3-1/2 cups of your favorite whipped topping like Cool Whip)
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 12 graham crackers
- 2-1/2 cups mixture of fresh blackberries blueberries, raspberries and hulled and sliced strawberries, divided leaving the prettiest slices for the top
- crushed graham cracker crumbs
- chopped nuts
- drizzle of chocolate
- powdered sugar for dusting
- To make freshly whipped cream: With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, whip 2 cups of heavy cream until it just holds soft peaks. Add 1/3 cup of powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and whip to combine until stiff peaks hold. Do not overmix. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped cream for topping.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Fold in the 3 cups of whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Assemble the cake: Spread a thin layer of the cream mixture in an 8 x 8 pan to coat the bottom.
- Place 3 graham crackers across the center of the pan and then break up 1 or 2 more crackers as needed to fill in the gaps. Spread half of the cream mixture on top. Place a single layer of mixed berries.
Top with another layer of graham crackers, breaking them as needed to make them fit. Spread the remaining cream mixture over the top. Add another layer of berries.
- Top with the final layer of graham crackers. Spread the reserved 1/2 cup freshly whipped cream (or Cool Whip) over evenly.
- Place the last layer of the prettiest mix of berries reserved for the top. Sprinkle on graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely. Serve chilled and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
*To make this icebox cake in a 9x13 pan, increase the amounts by 1.5
*You can replace cream cheese with prepared cheesecake pudding or vanilla pudding if desired. Just mix in with the 3 cups of whipped cream.
More Treats You Might Enjoy:
More Icebox Cakes from around the web:
No-Bake Chips Ahoy Icebox Cake – Spend with Pennies
No Bake – Peanut Butter Cup Icebox Cake – Brown Eyed Baker