Teriyaki Chicken Caesar Salad is perfect for a light dinner and summer parties and potlucks. Best of all, it’s easy to make and packed with avocado, pineapple, asparagus and tender Teriyaki Chicken.
If I’m being completely honest, I can’t say that I share that same love. But ever since I made this loaded Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Caesar Salad, it’s my new favorite salad to date!
I love adding a tropical and Asian twist to dishes. And you know what? It totally kicked up the flavors in this Caesar salad! Plus the addition of teriyaki chicken and juicy, sweet pineapple is just amazing!
We love anything that includes teriyaki sauce and if you do too, here are a few easy recipes to get you started:
- Teriyaki Shrimp Noodles
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
- Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packets
- Teriyaki Beef Zoodles
- One Pot Teriyaki Rice with Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken Zoodles
- 2-3 skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar can substitute with gluten free tamari or coconut aminos for paleo-friendly version
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch + 3 tablespoons water or more as needed
- 1 large ripe golden pineapple peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears trimmed & drizzled with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt & pepper to taste
- 1 head (4-5 cups) romaine lettuce dried and chopped
- 2 ripe avocados sliced
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons reserved teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste near the tuna section
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped parsley
- For the grilled portion: - Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, combine all the sauce ingredients into a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat, bringing to a boil and thickened. Remove from heat. Brush half of the sauce onto the chicken breasts, reserve 2 teaspoons for the Caesar salad dressing and the rest for basting the chicken.
- Lightly oil the grill grate, and place chicken, pineapple wedges and asparagus on the grill. Cook pineapples and asparagus for 2-3 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear. Remove and cut into slices. Cook chicken for 6 to 7 minutes per side and brush with sauce 2-3 times. Chicken is done when the meat is firm, and juices run clear. Remove, allow to cool slightly, and cut into strips. Brush with the remainder of sauce.
- Make the dressing - While the chicken is cooking, make the Caesar Dressing: In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, reserved 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce, anchovy paste, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic and whisk together until smooth. Stir in cheese and add salt and pepper to taste. (Can make ahead the night before and store covered in the fridge).
- To assemble - Just before serving, add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Drizzle in the desired amount of salad dressing, add croutons and gently toss to combine. Top with grilled chicken, more Parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley, if desired.
*For an even quicker and easier option, feel free to use your favorite ready-made teriyaki sauce and Caesar dressing, if desired.
Don’t forget to check out what other amazing dishes everyone else is sharing for 30 Minute Thursday!
Basil Pesto Pasta with Broccoli and Mushrooms from Pumpkin ‘n Spice
Crispy Salmon with Greek Orzo from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Blackened Grilled Salmon with ‘Kickin Corn Pico de Gallo from Whole and Heavenly Oven
Avocado Toast with Spicy Marinated Chickpeas and Zucchini from Floating Kitchen
Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet from Kristine’s Kitchen
Sweet Potato Noodles with Black Beans & Avocado Sauce from Sweet Peas & Saffron
Honey Pineapple Barbecue Chicken Sandwich from Flavor the Moments
I love caesar salad and pineapple. Thanks for the recipe.