Teriyaki Salmon Foil Packets are a quick and tasty 30 minute meal for summer nights, camping, and cookouts. The flaky salmon and tender vegetables are covered in a sticky sweet and savory Asian-inspired sauce.
You can’t beat how easy they are to throw together. Plus – no pans to scrub, no dishes to wash and totally customizable with whatever veggies you have on hand.
And although they are tasty all year round, they are especially fun for Summer when you’re out grilling in the backyard, or camping.
You can toss them on the grill while you’re camping or cook them in the oven on a busy weeknight.
Teriyaki Salmon Foil Packets
These foil packets start off with an easy homemade teriyaki sauce. It requires just a handful of ingredients and is ready in minutes. However, you can totally use your favorite store-bought version in a pinch.
Divide the salmon onto four 18 x 12 sheets of foil (you can also add a layer of parchment paper inside the foil if you prefer using parchment paper instead).
Arrange your favorite veggies around the fish and drizzle with the sweet and savory teriyaki sauce.
Finally, wrap up in foil and bake or grill until tender and flaky. Serve with some rice, quinoa or your favorite sides with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and green onions.
- heavy duty foil plus parchment paper if preferred
- 4 6 oz skinless, salmon fillets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks optional
- 1 cup edamame beans defrosted (optional)
- 3/4 - 1 cup teriyaki sauce homemade recipe below or your favorite store-bought
- 1/4 cups low sodium soy sauce
- 4-5 Tablespoons honey depending on how sweet you like it
- 4 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil plus more for drizzling on vegetables
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ teaspoon grated or ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or the oven to 425 degrees F.
- If making the Homemade Teriyaki Sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, and water until combined. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat and set aside.
Cut four 18 x 12-inch squares of foil* and layout on a flat surface.
- Place one salmon in the middle of each piece of foil and divide the vegetables evenly into each packet, arranging them around the salmon.
- Drizzle the salmon and vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush teriyaki sauce on both sides of the salmon and drizzle over vegetables - reserving at least 2 tablespoons for later.
- Fold the foil over the salmon and seal to close off the packets.
- If cooking on the grill
- Place foil packets onto grill and grill for 6 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 3-6 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon) or until salmon is flaky.
- Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets.
- If cooking in the oven Place foil packets on a baking sheet and cook for 12-18 minutes (rotating tray once). Time varies depending on the thickness of the salmon. Remove baking sheet from oven.
- Brush salmon with reserved sauce and top with sesame seeds and green onions (if desired) and serve immediately with quinoa, rice or your favorite side.
*if you prefer using parchment paper instead - you can also cut four 18 x 12 inch parchment paper squares and place them on top of the foil and place the salmon and vegetables on the parchment paper. Then double wrap the packets with the foil layer on the outside.
Looking for more 30 minute meals? Don’t forget to check out the delicious recipes below from some friends:
Guacamole Pita Pizzas from She Likes Food
Italian Chicken Salad from Pumpkin N’ Spice
Quinoa Corn Chowder from The Recipe Rebel
Corn, Zucchini and Cantaloupe Salad with Prosciutto and Fresh Herbs from Floating Kitchen
Shop sexy evening dresses at instyleprom