Berry Baked Oatmeal is a hearty and healthy breakfast and perfect for making ahead on busy mornings! Best of all, this wholesome baked oatmeal recipe comes together in just one bowl with fresh or frozen sweet raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Gluten free & refined sugar free. Plus a step-by-step video.
When it comes to breakfast, oatmeal will forever be a favorite way to start the day around here.
And with all the fresh summer berries that have started to show up again, this Berry Baked Oatmeal has been happening a lot lately. It’s hearty, healthy, gluten free (just be sure to check the label on your oats), dairy free and refined sugar free.
What’s great about this recipe is you can totally use any combo of mixed berries you like. Even frozen berries would work just fine.I used blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Strawberries would make a delicious addition if you have them on hand.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN BAKED OATMEAL?
- oats (rolled or quick – I used a mix of both)
- maple syrup (can also use honey)
- unsweetened applesauce
- vanilla extract
- flax seeds (optional)
- berries (fresh or frozen)
- eggs (or flax eggs) to bind everything together
HOW DO YOU MAKE BERRY BAKED OATMEAL?
- Start off by whisking the eggs and milk in a large bowl, until combined. Stir in applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and flax seeds. Gently fold in oats and then 1 1/4 cup of berries.
- Spread the oatmeal evenly into a pan or divide into a 12 cup muffin-tin. Top with remaining berries. Bake until the oatmeal is set and the center is no longer jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and serve the berry baked oatmeal with extra berries, maple syrup and any other desired toppings.
HOW DO I STORE THIS BAKED OATMEAL FOR THE WEEK?
You can make this Berry Baked Oatmeal in the morning or even on your Sunday night meal prep day.
To make these into single serving sizes or a healthy portable breakfast for on the go, divide the batter into muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes instead.
Just store it in a resealable container (meal prep containers are great for this) in the fridge and you are set up with a few hearty and healthy breakfasts that you can serve during the week.
How to Make Berry Baked Oatmeal (RECIPE VIDEO
Berry Baked Oatmeal is a hearty and healthy breakfast and perfect for making ahead on busy mornings! Best of all, this wholesome baked oatmeal recipe comes together in just one bowl! Gluten free & refined sugar free.
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups almond milk or any other milk of your choice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce can also use mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds optional
- 3-1/2 cups rolled oats use gluten free if necessary)
- 1-1/2 cups mixed berries I used fresh but frozen berries work as well
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease the inside of a 2 quart (10 cup) casserole dish, baking pan or a 12 cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until combined. Stir in applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and flax seeds. Gently fold in oats and then 1 1/4 cup of berries.
- Spread oatmeal evenly into the pan or divide into a 12 cup muffin-tin. Top with remaining berries.
Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes (20-25 minutes in muffin tin), or until the oatmeal is set and the center is no longer jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and serve with extra berries, maple syrup, and any other desired toppings.
*you can use mashed bananas instead but it will have more of a banana taste Oatmeal will keep in the refrigerator in a covered container, for up to 3 days.
More make ahead breakfasts: