This Berry Baked Oatmeal recipe is a healthy breakfast perfect for busy mornings! This wholesome baked oatmeal recipe comes together in just one bowl with fresh or frozen sweet raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Gluten free & refined sugar free. Plus a step-by-step video.
Berry Baked Oatmeal for Breakfast
Looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast bake to use up some mixed berries? This Berry Baked Oatmeal is quick and easy to make and the perfect make-ahead breakfast to throw together for meal prep.
You just mix up the ingredients in one bowl and bake it in the oven. Everyone in our house loves a warm and cozy oatmeal bake especially on a chilly winter morning. The best part about this baked oatmeal recipe is it can be prepared within minutes and made with fresh or frozen mixed berries. And if you don’t have mixed berries on hand, then you can also check out this Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal with Chocolate, Banana Baked Oatmeal or 15 more baked oatmeal recipes.
Why We Love This Recipe
This recipe is not only delicious, but it is sweetened with maple syrup which makes it both vegan and refined sugar-free. We love this baked oatmeal for breakfast or dessert, and it is great for meal prep. A batch of this oatmeal lasts us all week in the fridge and my kids love it.
While I used almond milk, maple syrup and a touch of coconut oil for this recipe, you can totally use any other plant-based milk and other sweetener option if you would prefer.
Ingredients You Need for Berry Baked Oatmeal
For this healthy baked oatmeal recipe, you’re going to need:
- old fashioned rolled oats (use gluten free as needed) – we love using rolled oats for our baked oatmeal and baked oatmeal cups since they are heartier. I would not suggest using quick oats or instant oats for this recipe.
- eggs – help our baked oats rise. If you want to make this berry baked oatmeal vegan, swap with two flax eggs.
- almond milk – we like using Malk Organics since it doesn’t contain any fillers but you can use any milk you like or have on hand
- melted coconut oil
- maple syrup – we prefer using maple syrup or coconut sugar instead of brown sugar to keep our baked oatmeal healthy
- baking powder – the leavener we use to help the oats rise.
- mixed berries – we used fresh mixed berries but a frozen mixed berry medley also work – be sure to thaw and drain first.
How to make Berry Baked Oatmeal
- MIX THE WET INGREDIENTS: Start by combining the eggs and milk together. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- STIR IN THE DRY INGREDIENTS: Stir in the oats and blueberries.
- TRANSFER TO PAN: Fill a 9×13 baking pan, greased muffin tin or silicone muffin liners with the batter.
- BAKE at 350 F for about 30-35 minutes in a casserole pan or 20-25 minutes in muffins tins until set and you’ve got an easy breakfast you can enjoy on the go.
What I love about making baked oatmeal is that it’s such a versatile recipe but here are a few swaps you can make:
- Maple syrup: Feel free to use any other sweetener you like such as used honey, coconut sugar, regular organic sugar, liquid monk fruit, Lakanto sugar-free maple syrup.
- Coconut oil: If you’re not a fan of coconut oil, swap with avocado oil or melted butter if not dairy-free.
- Almond Milk: Any other dairy-free or regular milk works perfectly in this recipe.
- Berries: You can use any other berry you like and it will taste amazing! If using fresh berries, the baking times will be less versus using frozen berries.
- Mash in a ripe banana to make Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Sprinkle in some dairy-free chocolate chips for an extra special weekend breakfast.
- Add some nuts or toasted coconut for an added crunch.
Storage & Reheating Tips
To store berry baked oatmeal cups, you’re going to place them in a single layer in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
You can make this Berry Baked Oatmeal recipe in the morning or even on your Sunday night meal prep day.
To make these into single serving sizes or a healthy portable breakfast for on the go, divide the batter into silicone muffins liners and bake for 25-30 minutes instead.
How to freeze berry baked oatmeal
So you might be wondering if you can freeze this mixed berry baked oatmeal? Well the answer is yes! Leftover oatmeal and berries can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months!
You can also wrap them up individually and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave or toaster oven to enjoy throughout the week.
You can serve baked mixed berry oats as is, with yogurt, almond milk, homemade nut butter or some jam to liven things up.
More breakfast bakes:
More berry recipes:
Berry Baked Oatmeal is a hearty and healthy breakfast and perfect for making ahead on busy mornings! Best of all, this wholesome baked oatmeal recipe comes together in just one bowl! Gluten free & refined sugar free.
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups almond milk , or any other milk of your choice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce m can also use mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup , or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds , optional
- 3-1/2 cups rolled oats , use gluten free if necessary)
- 1-1/2 cups mixed berries , I used fresh but frozen berries work as well
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease the inside of a 2 quart (10 cup) casserole dish, baking pan or a 12 cup muffin tin. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until combined. Stir in applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and flax seeds. Gently fold in oats and then 1 1/4 cup of berries.
- Spread oatmeal evenly into the pan or divide into a 12 cup muffin-tin. Top with remaining berries.
Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes (20-25 minutes in muffin tin), or until the oatmeal is set and the center is no longer jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and serve with extra berries, maple syrup, and any other desired toppings.
*you can use mashed bananas instead but it will have more of a banana taste Oatmeal will keep in the refrigerator in a covered container, for up to 3 days.