Butterscotch Caramel Monkey Bread – the perfect easy make-ahead recipe for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Best of all, you can make it in your slow cooker or the oven! Plus video!
This post contains some affiliate links.
And since the monkey bread was such a hit last time, I just couldn’t resist making another version.
This Butterscotch Caramel Monkey Bread is the ultimate make-ahead dish for special occasions and gatherings. With Easter not too far away, you can have a comforting, indulgent breakfast without having to slave away for hours in advance.
What you’ll need to make this Butterscotch Caramel Monkey Bread:
- refrigerated cinnamon roll dough (or use homemade dough if you prefer)
- 1 box of butterscotch pudding (I use this ONE or this ONE)
- melted butter
- caramel sauce
The best part about this Butterscotch Caramel Monkey bread recipe is that there are instructions to make it in the slow cooker and the oven.
The slow cooker option is perfect when you need your oven free for the main dish. Also for those days that it’s too hot to turn on the oven.
This Butterscotch Caramel Monkey Bread took about 2 hours in my slow cooker but be sure to check on it earlier if your machine runs on the hotter side.
When you’re ready to enjoy, drizzle some more caramel sauce or cream cheese glaze and you’ve got one ultimate breakfast perfect for any occasion.
More monkey bread:
Butterscotch Caramel Monkey Bread
- 2 cans (12.4 oz each) refrigerated cinnamon rolls or biscuit dough
- One (3.5 ounce) package cook and serve Butterscotch Pudding mix (use dry mix)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce ( homemade or store-bought) + more for drizzling as needed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, for garnish (optional)
- Combine the dry butterscotch pudding mix, cinnamon and sugar in a large zip-top bag or a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from package, separate cinnamon rolls and roll into balls.
- Dip each ball into melted butter then toss into freezer bag and and shake everything together or dip each ball into bowl, coating well.
- Slow Cooker Instructions
- Spray a 5-6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place coated dough balls into a single layer in the bottom of the slow cooker. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Place two pieces of paper towels to cover the slow cooker (this prevents condensation from dripping) then place lid carefully over the paper towel and cook on high for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. (**VERY IMPORTANT: If your slow cooker runs hot, check at 1 hour then again at 1 1/2 hours to be safe.)
- Turn off slow cooker, drizzle with more caramel sauce and sprinkle chopped pecans, if desired. Allow to sit uncovered for 5 minutes, then run a knife around edge of slow cooker and transfer monkey bread onto separate serving plates. (Do not leave remaining monkey bread in slow cooker). Top each serving with additional caramel sauce and pecans if desired. Best enjoyed immediately.
- Oven instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 10 cup fluted tube pan or bundt pan. Arrange coated dough balls in pan. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Bake 25- 30 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in the center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate and drizzle with more caramel sauce and top with pecans if desired.. Best enjoyed immediately.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!