Cheese Ravioli with a Skinny Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce is the perfect comforting one pan 30 minute meal. The best for busy weeknights – made with a rich and creamy lightened up Alfredo sauce with sun-dried tomatoes that’s full of flavor.
This simple and cheesy ravioli dish comes together in under 30 minutes and makes a delicious meal for busy weeknights. And it’s super simple to customize with your favorite kind of ravioli.
A generous helping of sundried tomatoes gives this an amazing flavor without having to use butter or cream. Best of all, it comes together in without a ton of ingredients and it’s something I think the whole family can love.
The fresh basil and parsley are the perfect compliment that you definitely do NOT want to miss out on. And you can add whatever veggies you love and or have on hand.
Cheese Ravioli with a Skinny Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
- * One 9-12 ounce package of fresh refrigerated cheese ravioli or ravioli of your choice
- * 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- * 4 cloves garlic minced
- * 1/4 - 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- * 4 tablespoons flour I used a gluten-free blend with great results
- * 1 cup low sodium low-fat chicken broth
- * 1 cup low-fat milk I used 1%
- * 2/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- * 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt or more to taste
- * 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- * handful of fresh basil leaves torn
- * finely chopped fresh parsely optional for serving
- * freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese optional for serving
- Using a large skillet, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat and drizzle pan with olive oil.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally until garlic is fragrant. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour and stir to combine, cooking the flour for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth followed by the milk, bringing to a low boil, stirring constantly.
- Add more milk if the mixture is too thick or as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and toss. Add basil and spinkle with fresh parsely.
- Add grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese if desired.
Feel free to use whatever pasta you prefer or have on hand instead of ravioli.
More cheesy goodness: