Chocolate Fat Bombs are easy to make ahead and full of healthy fats and protein! This delicious keto recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and is made with simple low carb ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. They’re sugar-free, vegan, gluten free and paleo.
What was your favorite candy when you were growing up? Almond Joy? Reese Peanut Butter Cups? Well these Chocolate Fat Bombs are a combination two classic favorite candy bars.
They are melt in your mouth delicious with tons of healthy fats minus the refined sugar.
Making this chocolate buttercup recipe means you can still have a decadent tasting but healthier dessert if you’re trying to limit your sugar intake or are on a no sugar diet.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE BUTTERCUP:
To keep these keto desserts vegan, paleo and low carb, you’re going to use coconut oil, coconut butter, cacao butter, almond butter, cashew butter, pecan butter or sunflower seed butter.
Other non vegan / paleo variations include cream cheese, butter, sweetener of your choice and chocolate or freeze-dried fruit.
And if you’re not counting macros or would rather not use a low carb sweetener like stevia, monk fruit or erythritol, you can leave them out or swap in maple syrup or honey.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE FAT BOMBS:
- You start off by melting the coconut butter together with the almond butter in the microwave or in a saucepan. Keep in mind, you can also use pecan butter, cashew butter, or your favorite nut butter instead. Stir in the sweetener (if using).
- Line a muffin tin with silicone or paper liners then divide the butter mixture evenly into each cup. Drop pan on counter a few times to smooth out mixture. Place the pan in freezer until layer is firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate. Remove the muffin tin from the freezer and spoon in melted chocolate over the butter mixture. Drop pan on counter to flatten layer.
- Freeze pan until cups harden.
- Serve chilled for a firmer texture. Serve at room temperature for a softer, creamier texture.
WHY MAKE FAT BOMBS?
These Chocolate Fat Bombs would be amazing for days when you’re struggling to get enough fat to meet those macros on a ketogenic diet. Also on the weekend when you need a sweet pick me up after an extremely rough week.
Enjoy them straight from the freezer or fridge let them sit out at room temperature for a few minutes until they’re perfectly set, creamy, and smooth.
WHAT ARE THE BEST FAT BOMBS TO MAKE?
There are a ton of different fat bomb varieties that you can make. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Almond Butter
- Cashew Butter
- Chocolate Almond Butter
- Chocolate Pecan
- “Cookie Dough” Fat Bombs
- Pecan Butter
- Peanut Butter Chocolate (a healthier Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup treat)
- Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
More keto chocolate desserts you might like:
Chocolate Fat Bombs with Almond Butter are the perfect easy snack full of healthy fats and protein! This recipe is made with only 4 ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, paleo, keto and low carb.
- 3 tablespoons creamy almond butter or nut butter of your choice you can use homemade or your favorite brand
- 1/2 cup coconut manna butter
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp MCT oil optional
- 1-2 drops liquid monk fruit or 1-2 teaspoons powdered erythritol leave out all sweetener if preferred or adjust to taste
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt optional
- 2 tbs coconut manna butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 pecan halves for garnish optional
- Heat almond butter, coconut butter & coconut oil over a double boiler (or microwave) and stir until smooth. Remove from heat & stir in MCT oil, sweetener (if using) and salt until smooth. Adjust sweetener according to taste.
- Divide the nut butter mixture evenly into each muffin cup with a spoon. Tap the pan on the counter to smooth out layer. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut butter & coconut oil over a double boiler (or microwave) and stir until smooth. Whisk in cacao powder (& sweetener if using) until smooth.
- Remove muffin pan from freezer and spoon chocolate layer evenly over each nut butter layer - tap pan on counter to smooth out layer. Place pecan halfs on top (if using). Freeze again for 30 minutes or until firm. Enjoy immediately or store in zip-top bags or airtight container in freezer until ready to enjoy. For a softer texture, remove from freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 1-2 minutes.