Christmas White Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats make a fun and easy treat for the holidays!
I love all the different ways you can dress them up and they make an easy, no-bake treat that you can whip up with little notice. These festive holiday rice krispy treats make the perfect baking project for kids during the holidays.
I added another coating of melted white chocolate and finished them with some festive sprinkles. You can use your cookie cutters to make some fun shapes!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 12-ounce package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2-1/2 cups white chocolate chips divided
- Assorted candies and sprinkles
- Line a 13" by 9" pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Butter a large bowl. Place cereal in the bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows and 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips, stirring often, cook until almost melted. Remove from the heat and stir until all of the marshmallows are melted. Pour the mixture over the cereal. Stir until coated.
- Press the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Gently flatten the top. Cool completely.
- Place the remaining chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl and melt in a microwave.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread over the top of the rice krispies treats.
- Decorate with candy and sprinkles of your choice.
- Let sit until the chocolate is set.
- Cut into bars or use cookie cutters and serve.
- Keep in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.