Hawaiian Buffalo Chicken Nachos are the perfect easy apps made entirely on a sheet pan with tangy buffalo sauce, sweet pineapples and gooey cheese.
They have all your favorite flavors of spicy buffalo balanced out by the sweet pineapples and gooey cheese.
The buffalo sauce comes together easily in a saucepan using only 3 ingredients:
- buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s)
Spread a thin layer of chips over a lined sheet pan and sprinkle the toppings and cheese evenly over each chip. I used half cheddar and half Monterey Jack but feel free to use your favorite combo of cheese.
Next, we add another even layer of chips and sprinkle with the remaining toppings.
Sprinkle on more cheese and drizzle with additional buffalo sauce and bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese gets nice and bubbly.
Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese or feta and serve with some celery and carrot sticks.
So easy and makes the perfect game day snack for sharing….or not 😉
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-1/4 cup buffalo sauce I used Frank's
- 1/2 cup honey
- tortilla chips
- 1 cup skinless boneless cooked chicken, diced (leftovers or rotisserie chicken work well)
- 10-12 ounces about 2-3 cups of cheese, shredded ( I used half Cheddar and half Monterey Jack)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapples diced
- 4 Tablespoons cup blue cheese or feta
- extra buffalo sauce for drizzling
- fresh parsley for topping
- celery and carrot sticks for serving
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together buffalo sauce, butter, and honey until melted and combined. Remove from heat and pour half of the sauce into a small bowl or cup - set aside.
- Stir cooked chicken into the pot of buffalo sauce until combined.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or foil and spray with cooking spray - or alternatively - just spray the pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread out tortilla chips in a single layer and sprinkle with a layer of cheese. Spread half of the chicken and pineapples evenly over the chips. Drizzle 1/3 of the reserved buffalo sauce over and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Top with another single layer of chips, and sprinkle with remaining cheese, chicken, and pineapples. Drizzle with 1/2 of the reserved sauce.
- Bake until the cheese is just melted, about 10 minutes.. Drizzle with remaining sauce and top with crumbled blue cheese or feta. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with sour cream, celery and carrot sticks if desired.
Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza
From across the web:
Buffalo Chicken Tacos – Gimme Some Oven
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Sticks – Inspired Taste
Baked Mini Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls – Cooking for Keeps