Gingerbread Latte is the perfect cozy homemade drink once December hits. Best part of all, you can skip the trip to Starbucks with this copycat version. The combination of warm spices like ginger, nutmeg and molasses just screams the holidays!
And since tomorrow is National Gingerbread Latte Day, I wanted to sneak in another one of my homemade copycat versions in case you don’t want to make the trip out to Starbucks.
I love the fun holiday drink flavors at Starbucks but I always find them a little bit too sweet for my taste. So the best solution? Making your own latte at home that you can customize according to your taste.
Plus, you can enjoy this delicious drink while baking your favorite holiday cookies with some festive music or curled up on the couch by a cozy fire.
HOW TO MAKE THIS GINGERBREAD LATTE
This super simple Gingerbread Latte has all the classic holiday flavors of the favorite Starbucks version.
You start off by heating some milk with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar and molasses.
Add in the brewed espresso and stir until combined.
Next, steam the remaining milk until foamy (you can use either a frother, in the microwave or on the stove) and then garnish with some whipped cream.
And if you want to dress it up even more, add some shave white chocolate (or chips) a dusting of cinnamon and some cinnamon sticks. For an extra festive touch, you can even add a cute little gingerbread man.
Gingerbread Latte is the perfect cozy homemade drink once December hits. Best part of all, you can skip the trip to Starbucks with this copycat version. The combination of warm spices like ginger, nutmeg, and molasses just screams the holidays!
- 1-1/2 cups milk of your choice divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed espresso preferred or very strong coffee
- whipped cream
- shaved white chocolate or chips (optional for garnish)
- Heat 1/4 cup of milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves brown sugar and molasses in a small saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave for 30 seconds, until spices and sugars dissolve when stirred. Remove from heat and stir in hot espresso. Pour into a large mug or divide into two small mugs.
- Steam remaining milk (using a frother, on the stove or in the microwave) and add to the espresso mixture.
- Garnish with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and some shaved white chocolate (or chips) if desired.
More cozy drinks: