Lemon Cream Pie Ice Cream Bars are the perfect treat to cool down with. Best of all, this frozen twist on the classic pie is so easy to make with layers of vanilla & lemon sorbet with a crumbled Golden Oreo topping & no-bake cookie crust.
In fair honesty, I was going to post a salad today but the Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars I shared last week got such a great response with lots of readers letting me know that they made them so I couldn’t hold out on sharing the other version I made last month any longer.
I’ve already made them three times since they are even more simple to make with ingredients you can easily find on hand.
Recipe for Lemon Cream Pie Ice Cream Bars
- They start off the same way with a no-bake Oreo cookie crust that we just press into a square pan. I used Golden Oreos the first time I made them and added the juice and zest from 1 lemon. The second time I made them with Lemon Oreos and they worked just as well. You can even try this with any other lemon-cream sandwich cookie if you like.
- Next, spread a layer of your favorite vanilla ice cream (homemade or from the store)
- A layer of lemon sorbet (homemade or from the store) goes over
- Top with another layer of vanilla ice cream
- Sprinkle on the lemon crumbled topping which is just crushed Golden Oreos mixed together with softened butter and the juice and zest from 1 lemon
- Finally, pop the pan into the freezer so they set up and then cut them into little squares.
They are so refreshing and perfect for any lemon lover in your life and that lemon crumble topping will have you coming back for bite. after. bite.
- 20 Golden Oreo cookies or any Vanilla Creme Sandwich Cookies, crushed with the cream filling (about 2 cups)
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- juice and zest from 1 lemon leave out if using lemon flavored cookies; see notes
- 4-1/2 - 5 cups your favorite vanilla ice cream homemade or store-bought
- 2-1/2 cups Lemon Sorbet homemade or store-bought
- 12 Golden Oreo cookies crushed (can also use Lemon Oreos or other lemon sandwich cookies)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter softened
- zest and juice from 1 lemon leave out if using lemon flavored cookies
- Line an 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment or wax paper leaving an overhang for easier removal of the bars. Set aside.
- Make the cookie crust - In a medium-sized bowl or a food processor, add the whole Oreo cookies (no need to remove cream filling) and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter, lemon juice, and zest and blend until well combined. Press mixture into the bottom of the lined baking dish. Place in freezer to set for about 1 hour to set.
- Make the crumbled topping - In a small bowl or the food processor, add the Oreo cookies and pulse into large crumbs. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and softened butter. Mix gently with a fork or your hands to make pea-sized pieces stick together. Set aside in the fridge.
- Assemble - Remove vanilla ice cream and lemon sorbet from freezer to soften. When ready, scoop around 2 cups of vanilla ice cream over the cookie crust and spread evenly using an offset spatula.
Place pan in freezer to harden slightly (about 10-20 minutes).
- Next, spread the sorbet over the vanilla ice cream layer evenly. Again, place pan in the freezer for 10 minutes if needed. Add the final layer of vanilla ice cream spreading evenly.
- Remove the cookie crumbs from the fridge and crumble evenly over the bars. Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Lift out of pan using the parchment paper overhang. Allow to sit out for about 5-10 minutes so the crust softens up slightly. Using a very sharp knife, cut into square rectangles. Store bars in freezer until ready to serve.
Can also use Lemon Oreos or any other lemon sandwich cookie instead of vanilla!
You might also like:
** Disclosure – This post contains some affiliate links