Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus is the perfect quick and easy side dish for holidays or any night of the week. Best of all, this recipe requires less than 10 minutes of prep with fresh lemon juice, garlic and Parmesan.
Asparagus is one of my absolute favorite spring vegetables. Whenever it’s in season, I can’t help buying it by the boatloads.
This Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus recipe is one that happens a lot around here.
It’s super simple to make and takes less than 10 minutes of prep time.
Just toss it in the oven with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and some lemon zest for a refreshing burst of flavor.
The asparagus is nice and tender on the inside with a crisp edge on the outside. Toss in the garlic and lemon juice then serve it with some grated parmesan cheese if you like.
Tips for making this Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- be sure not to overcrowd the asparagus when roasting – line in a single layer for maximum flavor
- trim by breaking off the ends by holding the base and snapping it wherever it snaps
- do not overcook asparagus – it’s usually ready in about 10-12 minutes and turns a bright green
Simple roasted asparagus seasoned with lemon and parmesan is the perfect side dish recipe.
- 2 bunches asparagus ends trimmed
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease or line one large baking sheet (or two medium baking sheets) with parchment or foil for easier cleanup.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with lemon zest, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss to coat well.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes or until the asparagus is tender-crisp. Toss with lemon juice and garlic. Place on a platter and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
More easy side dishes: