These Keto No Bake Cookies are easy to make in less than 5 minutes and the perfect low carb cookie when you’re craving something sweet. They have the classic taste of the popular peanut butter and chocolate cookies and are made with just a few simple pantry ingredients with no oven required.
Updated August 2020
Classic Keto Cookies
Looking for an easy low carb cookie recipe? When it comes to the easiest keto cookie recipe, these keto peanut butter cookies, keto chocolate chip cookies and low carb Keto No Bake Cookies are one of our favorites.
My kids love helping me make healthy no bake cookies all year long since they are quick and easy to make in with just 5 minutes of active time. All you need are just a handful of ingredients, a pot and baking sheet.
Why we love this recipe
Before going grain free, this classic no bake cookie recipe from All Recipes was our go-to holiday cookie recipe. We made some tweaks to the original no bake cookies to make them healthier and suitable for those that are diabetic or following a paleo or low carb keto diet.
Not only are these healthy no bake cookies soft, chewy and delicious. But they are sure to satisfy that craving for those classic no bake peanut butter chocolate cookies everyone knows and loves. Even my family says they don’t miss those sugar-laden no bake cookies.
Plus, you can make these keto no bake cookies in 5 minutes. And they’re sugar free, gluten-free and include dairy free and vegan friendly options.
And the best part about these low carb no bake cookies?
- come together in a matter of minutes
- only require a few ingredients
- minimal kitchen equipment
- zero time in the oven
Ingredients for Low Carb No Bake Cookies
The classic chocolate peanut butter cookies call for granulated sugar, rolled oats and peanut butter. For these easy keto no bake cookies without peanut butter, we are using:
- Grass-fed Butter – you can also use, Ghee OR refined coconut oil for vegan no bake cookies
- Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener – If you’re not low carb, you can sub with coconut sugar OR 1/3 cup maple syrup for paleo no bake cookies
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – we like Malk Organics since it’s made just almonds and water but feel free to use any type of milk, dairy or dairy-free.
- Cacao powder – we always use raw cacao powder, but you can use unsweetened cocoa powder as well.
- Salt + Vanilla extract – balances out the sweetness and adds that extra sweet depth of flavor.
- Almond Butter – be sure to use drippy almond butter and not dried near the bottom of the jar. You can also use any other drippy unsalted nut butter such as cashew butter or pecan butter or even sunflower seed butter. And if you are not paleo or don’t have a peanut allergy feel free to use peanut butter.
- Coconut – instead of rolled oats like classic no bake cookies, we are using a mix of shredded coconut and coconut flakes for the best texture to mimic that classic no bake oatmeal cookie texture.
- Whole Almonds – we like to top some of our cookies with a whole almond to resemble Almond Joy Cookies but they are completely optional so feel free to leave them out.
Optional toppings for keto no bake cookies with coconut:
- sugar free chocolate chips (we like Lily’s Sweets)
- macadamia nuts
- pumpkin seeds
- cacao nibs
- sunflower seeds
If you’re looking for keto no bake cookies without coconut, you can also try subbing the coconut with almond meal or crushed nuts but the texture and taste will vary
How to Make Keto No Bake Cookies:
- PREP THE BAKING SHEETS: Start by lining two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- ADD INGREDIENTS TO A POT: Combine butter, monk fruit sweetener, cacao powder and milk into a 3 quart saucepan.
- BRING TO A BOIL: Set saucepan over medium heat and begin whisking. Cook and whisk frequently until it reaches a full boil, then stop stirring and let it boil for EXACTLY 1 minute – it’s important not to let the mixture boil for longer than 60 seconds.
- ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS: Remove the mixture from heat then immediately add salt, almond butter, vanilla and fold in the coconut (shredded and flakes). Stir to blend well.
- SHAPE COOKIES: Drop mixture onto prepared parchment dropping using a medium cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons at a time). Press whole almond (or your favorite nut) in the middle for garnish (if desired).
- CHILL: Allow the cookies to set (you can place them in the fridge or freezer to speed things up) then enjoy! To store the cookies, place them in a single layer in an airtight container.
Helpful Tips for making the best No Bake Cookies
- Gather all the ingredients you need to make this recipe and have it ready by the stove. This helps as the mixture sets fast on the stove so you’ll want to have everything combined quickly.
- Watch your boiling time – Allow the mixture to come to a full boil and thicken up. Use a timer and start counting down for 60 seconds after everything comes to a boil and don’t go over the 60 seconds. Otherwise – your cookies will not set properly
- The type of coconut you use matters – Use coconut flakes and not desiccated coconut. The cookies won’t set up quite the same and they won’t be as tender
- Use unsalted butter and season or add salt after – this helps YOU control the saltiness and flavor
- Switch up your toppings – you can leave the cookies plain or switch up the toppings with whole almonds, pecans or walnuts
No bake cookie recipe variations:
- Keto no bake cookies without coconut – you can try subbing the coconut with some pulsed walnuts and a little bit of almond flour
- Keto no bake cookies with coconut oil – swap out the butter with coconut oil for a dairy free no bake cookie / vegan no bake cookie
The best part about these paleo no bake cookies is how easy they are to make using simple pantry ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
How many carbs in Keto No Bake Cookies
The nutrition facts for one keto no bake cookie is:
- 196 calories
- 2g NET carbs – 5g Total Carbs – 3g Fiber
- 2g Protein
- 19g Fat
How to store no bake keto cookies
The best part about these cookies is that you can make them ahead of time which is especially helpful around Christmas time. These cookies can last for up to 2 weeks if stored in the fridge in airtight containers, resealable freezer bags or stasher bags.
How to freeze keto no bake cookies
Wondering can you freeze no bake cookies? Absolutely! We love making a big batch of cookies especially around the holidays to freeze them for our friends and family.
To freeze the cookies, place them on a large or 2 medium baking sheets and freeze for 30 minutes. Once the cookies are hard, transfer to airtight container or large resealable bags. You can store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More low carb cookie recipes you will love:
These Keto No Bake Cookies have the classic taste of the popular peanut butter and chocolate cookies but are low carb and only require a few simple gluten free and paleo-friendly pantry ingredients.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces OR ghee OR refined coconut oil
- 2/3 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener OR coconut sugar OR 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or full-fat canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter or your favorite nut or seed butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 16 whole almonds (half pecans or walnuts), optional for garnish
Have all your ingredients measured out and placed near the stove. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Place the butter, monk fruit sweetener, milk, and cacao powder in a large saucepan over medium heat, whisking often until melted and combined.
Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and allow to boil for EXACTLY 60 seconds, while whisking occasionally.
Remove saucepan from heat and immediately add salt, almond butter and vanilla extract and stir until fully combined. Fold in the shredded and flaked coconut and mix until everything is well combined.
Using a medium cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons), scoop 2 tablespoon sized mounds and place in a single layer on the prepare baking sheet. Press almond in the center, for garnish (if desired).
Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes to set up.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer up to 2 months.