This easy and decadent no-bake pie makes a showstopping dessert with the flower of strawberry slices on top of a rich chocolate ganache filing and graham cracker crust.
Yay, it’s Friday and I thought I’d kick start the weekend with another dessert.
It’s still strawberry season and I couldn’t let it slip away without finding another way to use up these sweet berries. I made this dessert for our Mother’s Day gathering last month and it was a big hit. You can also make this for any other summer gathering you have coming up.
It’s an easy no-bake pie so you won’t have to turn on your oven during those really hot days.
It starts with a homemade graham cracker crust but would also work well with an Oreo or shortbread cookie crust. You can make things even easier and use a premade crust instead if you prefer.
The filling is a simple and rich chocolate ganache that gets poured over the chilled crust.
The hardest part is just slicing the strawberries and then you get to have fun and assemble them into whatever pattern you like 🙂
It would also work well with sliced bananas or any of your favorite berries would be wonderful as well.
You can be make the crust and filling ahead of time and then top and glaze on the same day you plan to indulge.
Then just grab your fork and dig in and celebrate that the weekend is here again ♥
No-Bake Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Pie
- Graham cracker crust or use your favorite crust recipe or buy a premade pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs from about 9 whole graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Strawberry Topping
- 1 1/2 lbs ripe strawberries hulled and thinly sliced (I used Driscoll's Strawberries)
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves or your favorite jam
- Powdered sugar for dusting if desired
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well with a fork. If using a food processor, pulse until combined.
- Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Press hard to compact. You can use a glass to press the bottom, but use your fingers to press the sides. Chill pie crust for at least one hour before filling. Cover if chilling longer.
- To make the filling - Place the chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to simmer. Pour cream over chocolate and allow to sit for a minute. Stir chocolate until it is completely smooth and melted. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour into chilled pie crust and refrigerate until the filling is firm.
- An hour or two before serving, arrange sliced berries in circles starting on outside of tart.
- Heat the strawberry preserves in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds and whisk until smooth. Brush the strawberry slices to glaze. Keep pie refrigerated until ready to serve. Dust some powdered sugar right before serving, if desired.
Adapted from BHG
Thanks so much for reading Life Made Sweeter. You can also stay connected with me on: