Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies are easy to make with a soft and chewy peanut butter dough stuffed with a surprise Nutella filling.
Lately, I’ve been trying to use up some Nutella I had in my pantry so I decided to stuff them inside one of these classic cookies. My husband thought that was the best combination and couldn’t stop sneaking cookies off the plate.
Plus, they couldn’t be easier to make although there is a 3 hour chilling time which I do recommend. It helps the cookies to hold their shape and stay nice and thick.
The Nutella filling is portioned out into 1/2 teaspoon balls and frozen before being stuffed into balls of the peanut butter cookie dough.
This ensures that it stays ooey and gooey and doesn’t just bake into the cookie.
My family is pretty obsessed with them and hopefully you’ll love them just as much too!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter I used Jif
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour spoon & sweep method
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Scoop out roughly fifteen 1/3 - 1/2 teaspoon-sized scoops of Nutella onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed for about 5 minutes - or until creamy and smooth.
- Add the vanilla, then the egg and mix well until incorporated, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the peanut butter and mix well until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until dough comes together and is slightly sticky and soft.
- Cover dough tightly and chill for at least 3 hours (and up to 2 days) in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Make 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls using your hands and flatten. Add 1/3 but no more than 1/2 teaspoon of the frozen Nutella in the center, place another 1 1/2 tablespoons cookie dough ball on top, pinch sides and form a ball, sealing in the edges.
- Using a large fork, slightly flatten the dough and make a criss-cross pattern with the tines.
- Bake in preheated oven for 11 - 12 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Serve or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You may also freeze dough wrapped tightly in plastic paper wrap for up to three months.
More peanut butter treats: