A healthy, fresh, and flavorful one skillet meal full of Mediterranean flavors – chicken, zucchini, bell peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon and full of fresh herbs. This is a simple dish all made in one-pan over the stove-top.
It’s kicked up with a ton of fresh flavors from the cilantro, parsley, basil and bright lemon that has the ability to add happiness to any dish.
Feel free to switch things up to whatever you have on hand — just be sure not to leave out any of the fresh herbs OR lemon otherwise the dish just won’t taste the same without them:)
- We start by browning the chicken on both sides until it’s nice and caramelized.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, then saute the onions and garlic. Pile a layer of zucchini until it has some color then toss in the sun-dried tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Add the chicken back in, pour in the chicken broth and seasonings, cover and allow to simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
- Toss in some sliced lemons and herbs and dinner is served.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2 lbs
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium zucchini cut into rounds
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon sliced
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper or to taste.
- Heat 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the chicken and brown for 6 minutes on each side or until medium brown.
- Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add another 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 1-2 minutes until softened. Layer on pieces of sliced zucchini cooking until slightly golden brown, a few minutes on each side - working in batches. Push aside the zucchini to one side and add the sun-dried tomatoes, then bell peppers and stir-gently.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan and add chicken stock. Turn heat to medium low and cover until chicken is cooked through and the sauce is slightly reduced - about 7-9 minutes. Add in dried oregano and fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, and parsley) and allow to simmer for an additional 2 minutes uncovered. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- Remove from heat and garnish with additional herbs if desired and serve with favorite sides.
REVIEW AND GIVEAWAY
What also helped make this meal so enjoyable was being able to cook it in this 12 inch skillet I received from the Circulon® Prime collection.
Not only did everything cook very evenly it made the clean up afterwards a breeze!
It worked like a charm to brown the meat and vegetables without having anything stick. It’s metal utensil safe so I was able to use my metal tongs to flip the meat without having to worry.
It’s a beautiful sturdy skillet that includes Circulon’s® patented TOTAL® Nonstick System — a series of raised nonstick circles on the pan surface that reduce the amount of nonstick in contact with cooking utensils, minimizing surface abrasion and maximizing durability.
Some other key features are:
- Induction Suitable
- Dishwasher Safe
- Oven Safe to 400°F/200°C; and
- PFOA, Lead and Cadmium Free
Check out Circulon®‘s site for more products and information.
And you can win your very own Circulon® 10″ skillet for all your cooking. Circulon® is sponsoring a giveaway and all you have to do to enter, is use the rafflecopter widget below.
The fine print: Giveaway open to U.S. and Canadian residents 18 and older. One entry per person (multiple entries/comments will be disqualified). Winner will be selected via a random number generator and contacted via the email address used to leave the winning comment. Winner will have 48 hours to respond, at which point another winner will be chosen. The giveaway will remain open until 11:59 pm on June 21, 2015. https://promosimple.com/ps/76f5 Good luck everyone!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post created in partnership with Circulon®. However, recipe and all opinions are my own.
More One Pan Meals:
Thanks so much for reading Life Made Sweeter. You can also stay connected with me on: