One Pot Sweet Chili Chicken Rice & Quinoa – makes the perfect easy weeknight dinner. Best of all, everything cooks up in one pan making cleanup a breeze!
If you haven’t noticed yet, besides slow cooker recipes, one pan meals are my favorite. They are just perfect for those busy weeknights and you can’t beat that you’ve got less dishes to wash once you’re done!
This One Pot Sweet Chili Chicken Rice is a skillet dish that has been showing up around here a lot lately. It takes just 30 minutes to come together and everything cooks up in the same pan!
We start off by marinating the chicken in an irresistibly easy and super flavorful sweet and spicy sauce. It’s made with soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger and some cornstarch to thicken it up.
Toss half over the chicken and allow the flavors to meld together for an hour up to overnight – the longer, the better.
The chicken gets browned on the skillet for a few minutes while the veggies gets tossed in with this Spicy Brown Rice and Quinioa I received from my friends Hodgson Mill. This combo comes packaged up together making it easy to enjoy a healthy side dish and takes less than 20 minutes to cook up.
This whole one pot dish is what busy weeknight dreams are made of. After the quinoa and brown rice are nice and fluffy, we toss in some more of that yummy sauce and drizzle the remaining on the chicken.
Simple, healthy, and big on flavor with minimal dishes – Happy Friday friends!
This is a sponsored post created in partnership with Hodgson Mill. All opinions are 100% my own.
One Pot Sweet Chili Chicken Rice & Quinoa
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 465kcal Calories from fat 67|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar or honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated or minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 lb boneless (about 2 medium), skinless chicken breasts, split in half and pounded lightly
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 (5 ounce) packages of Hodgson Mill Spicy Quinoa and Brown Rice sides
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a large pan or skillet and bring to a boil over medium high heat, whisking continuously. Once the mixture thickens up, remove from heat pour into a container and set aside. Wipe down the pan with a damp paper towel.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper and measure out 1/4 cup of sauce to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to cook, drizzle the same pan with oil and cook chicken breasts for about 3-4 minutes on each side over medium-high heat, just long enough to brown each side of the chicken.Transfer to a plate.
- Add a little bit more oil and toss in the red peppers and pineapples and cook for 2-3 minutes, until pineapples are slightly caramelized. Add rice, water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in broccoli, and 1/4 cup of the reserved sauce. Nestle chicken on top and brush with more sauce. Cover and continue to cook for an additional 5-9 minutes or until rice and chicken are cooked through.
- Brush chicken with additional sauce and garnish with parsley and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!
More easy one pot meals:
One Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta