A delicious and easy One Pan Taco Pasta Skillet with Vegetables has your favorite taco flavors cooked in the same pot. Perfect for hiding any extra veggies and easy enough for weeknights!
Along with slow cooker meals, one-pot/one-skillet meals are my my lifesaver.
They are fast, easy and the perfect solution to weeknight dinner craziness. Plus they are great for hiding veggies and clean up is a breeze which totally works for me since dish washing is one of my least favorite chores.
He is a big fan of anything Mexican — especially tacos and enchiladas and he totally dug this pasta version.
It’s full of all the favorite taco-style flavors with the tender pasta shells cooked directly in the same pan. I used gluten free rotini pasta but use what you like or have on hand 🙂
It’s also the best for sneaking in extra veggies. I loaded this one up with some spinach, corn, a medium zucchini and a bell pepper. I used lean ground turkey and some black beans but you can totally use beef or chicken if you prefer.
It’s easy and perfect for a quick weeknight meal and hopefully your family will love it just as much as mine ♥
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen or canned
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup tomato sauce or salsa
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups medium dried pasta shells I used gluten free rotini
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Colby-jack or cheddar cheese
- diced avocado
- green onions
- fresh chopped cilantro
- black olives
- sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat, for 1 or 2 minutes until fragrant. Add bell pepper and cook for another minute. Add ground meat to skillet and cook until brown, about 4-5 minutes, breaking up the meat as it cooks, Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Drain any excess fat.
- Add entire can of crushed tomatoes (undrained), tomato sauce, dried pasta, seasonings, corn, black beans, jalapeno and chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 12 minutes, stirring gently every few minutes so the pasta doesn't stick.
- Stir in chopped spinach and zucchini then replace lid and allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes until pasta is tender. Season additionally with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Remove from heat and stir in one cup of cheese. Replace lid to let cheese melt.
- Once the cheese has melted, sprinkle with more cheese, cilantro, diced avocados, cilantro, sour cream or any other toppings of your choice.
More One Pot meals from across the web:
One Pot Spinach and Feta Macaroni & Cheese – Diethood
One Pot Lasagna Soup – Carlsbad Cravings
One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies – Cooking Classy
Creamy Lemon Chicken One-Pan Pasta Skillet
Oana @AdoreFoods -
Taco pasta sounds perfect! Did not try this combination but by the looks of it, should be delicious!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel -
I love easy, fast, goof-proof dinners like this! I totally have all the ingredients on hand, too, so I cannot wait to whip this one up for dinner!
This is the ideal weeknight meal — one pan and it’ll make everybody bappy with the taco thing going on! Love this, Kelly — pinned. 🙂
Annie @Maebells -
This is great Kelly! I love how many veggies you packed in this dish!
Andi @ The Weary Chef -
You know I love skillet dinners, and this one looks awesome, Kelly! I love all the veggies you packed in there.