Oven Baked Fried Chicken is so easy to make with a perfectly crispy, crunchy coating and juicy chicken tenders. The best part? Skip that KFC takeout and no deep-fryer required. This healthier fried chicken is juicy, flavorful & delicious! The oven baked fried chicken recipe includes air fryer instructions and a recipe video!
If you asked my husband what he’d love for dinner every night, crispy fried chicken would be his first choice. The real deal, deep fried Southern fried chicken.
My husband let them try KFC for the first time not too long ago and they are obsessed with that perfectly crispy crunchy coating. Making these Oven Baked Fried Chicken Tenders at home means they can get that KFC fix whenever they want.
Is Oven Baked Fried Chicken Healthy?
Oven Baked Fried Chicken isn’t an entirely healthy chicken recipe, but it is much healthier than traditional deep fried chicken. With just a fraction of the fat, it’s lower in fat and calories, too. The best part about this recipe is that you won’t have to pull out a heavy deep fryer either. Fried chicken is pretty easy to make in the oven and with less mess to clean up.
To get that crispy coating, just mix some crushed Corn Flakes together with Panko crumbs. That combination gives you that amazing crunch that everyone loves. You can even make the oven baked fried chicken by using [amazon_textlink asin=’B0078DRR44′ text=’gluten free panko crumbs’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’lifmadswe09-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b4d7dea0-8146-11e8-b008-fb1e49c6a679′] and [amazon_textlink asin=’B00FTCE63G’ text=’arrowroot starch’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’lifmadswe09-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’be8a526f-8146-11e8-8c4f-671b5f6d5a80′] instead of all purpose flour.
How To Make Oven Baked Fried Chicken Tenders:
- Start off by filling three medium bowls; one with flour, one with beaten eggs, and the third with panko crust mixture.
- Add seasonings to flour.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Then dip the chicken pieces in the eggs.
- Press chicken in panko mixture.
- Melt butter in an oven proof baking pan or casserole dish as it preheats.
- Add chicken – and bake in preheated oven.
And since they’re baked instead of fried, you can totally enjoy an extra piece of oven baked fried chicken without the added guilt! My little guy can never get enough.
BONUS: I’ve even included instructions for making this healthier fried chicken in an [amazon_textlink asin=’B077THGPKB’ text=’air fryer’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’lifmadswe09-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5c8c9bd1-8147-11e8-86c0-eb022a44f216′]. Seriously the best!!
Dipping Sauce Options
Serve these with your favorite dipping sauce for an extra tasty treat! Tasty popular options include:
- honey mustard
- homemade bbq sauce
- ranch dressing
- buffalo wing sauce
WATCH HOW TO MAKE OVEN BAKED FRIED CHICKEN (video tutorial)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 boneless skinless chicken tenders or 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely crushed Corn Flakes cereal can also use sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a large zip-top freezer bag, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper. Add the chicken and shake well to coat, pressing through the bag. Set aside.
In a shallow bowl, add the eggs and beat lightly with the milk; set aside. In another shallow bowl, combine the Corn Flakes, Panko crumbs, dried basil, and parsley.
- Dip each chicken piece in the egg mixture then coat well into the panko mixture, pressing down to make sure the coating sticks.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place butter on a large rimmed baking tray and melt in the oven for a few minutes. Remove baking tray once butter is melted.
Place the chicken on to the baking tray. Bake for 12 minutes, using tongs to carefully flip chicken. Bake for another 6-8 minutes (depending on how thick your chicken pieces are). Finish by broiling for 1-2 minutes, or until chicken turns golden and crispy.
Remove chicken and pat with paper towels. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Heat air fryer to 400 F.
Shake off excess breading and place about 3-4 chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer tray making sure the pieces do not touch.
You will have to cook in batches. Cook for 3 minutes then carefully flip. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Remove chicken. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
HOW TO MAKE FRIED CHICKEN IN AN AIR FRYER
Heat air fryer to 390°F / 200°C.
Brush chicken tenders lightly with olive oil on both sides.
Stir together the breading. Using tongs, dredge the chicken tenders in the breading, flipping over and repeating multiple times until chicken tenders are completely coated. Shake off excess breading and place in the air fryer right away.
Cook in batches of 3-4 at a time, making sure the chicken tenders don’t touch each other. Cook for 3 minutes, flip, and 2 minutes on other side before removing from the air
Sponsor : Best Wedding Veil at bestweddingveil.com