Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes are perfect for the chocolate and peanut butter lover in your life. Rich chocolate cupcakes are topped with a creamy peanut butter frosting, Reese’s pieces, a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup and a drizzle of chocolate.
Since we are gone most of the night, we usually have a ton of Halloween candy left over so I usually try to find creative ways to use up the leftovers that we have.
The hubs is a big fan of chocolate and peanut butter so I tossed in as much peanut butter goodness as I could into these cupcakes.
The cupcake batter comes together in about 5 minutes with just one bowl. You can definitely use your favorite box of cake mix if you prefer but these homemade ones are just as easy since you won’t even have to pull out your stand mixer.
Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, a generous swirling of peanut butter buttercream frosting gets piped on top. This fluffy buttercream pairs perfectly with cupcakes, brownies, cakes, cookies and even straight off the spatula.
We finish these cupcakes off by topping them off with Reese’s pieces, a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
They are sweet, indulgent and will totally satisfy any craving for those days that calories don’t count.
Moist chocolate cupcakes with a creamy peanut butter frosting, these Reese's cupcakes are an all-around crowd pleaser!
- chocolate sauce
- mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- Reese's pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in egg, vanilla, milk, and vegetable oil until combined. Whisk in boiling water until smooth and incorporated.
- Divide batter among 12 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and tops spring back.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before cooling completely on wire rack prior to adding frosting.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: In a bowl using a stand mixer or your hand mixer, cream butter on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 - 4 minutes. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla and beat until combined. Then slowly mix in powdered sugar on low speed until mixture comes together. Add heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time until light and fluffy or desired consistency is reached. Beat on medium for one minute until fluffy.
- Fill a pastry bag with frosting and pipe onto cupcakes. Top with Reese's pieces, mini Reese's peanut butter cup, and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
More sweet treats you might like:
Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting – Sally’s Baking Addiction
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes – Gimme Some Oven
Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting – Carmela Pop