Peppermint Covered Oreos are the perfect festive and easy treat for the holidays. Best of all, easy to customize with gluten free, vanilla or chocolate Oreo sandwich cookies and coated in melted chocolate and crushed candy canes.
If you are looking for a festive, no bake treat for the holidays, these Peppermint Covered Oreos are an easy and fun recipe that you can try. Only 5 super simple ingredients and require no fancy skills at all.
The best part of all – you can adapt them to whatever flavors you like. They take just a few minutes to come together and the kids love that they can help as well.
How to make these Peppermint Covered Oreos
- You can use gluten free sandwich cookies, regular chocolate Oreo cookies, Vanilla Oreo cookies or mix and match with any flavors you like! The holiday Oreo cookies would add a nice festive touch as well.
- For the chocolate coating, I used white chocolate and coconut oil but you can easily use milk / dark chocolate or choose a festive green if you like. Candy Melts or Almond Bark would work as well. What I love is that either way, there is no candy thermometer involved.
- Use a fork to help you dip the cookies into the melted chocolate and lightly shake off any excess.
- Place the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet to dry and then quickly sprinkle each cookie with some crushed candy canes so they stick.
Peppermint Covered Oreos are the perfect festive and easy treat for the holidays. Best of all, easy to customize with gluten-free, vanilla or chocolate Oreo sandwich cookies and coated in melted chocolate and crushed candy canes.
- 8 ounces white or semi-sweet chocolate or 1 package of Wilton White Chocolate Candy Melts or 24 ounce Almond Bark
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil leave out if using Candy melts or Almond Bark
- 1 package your favorite sandwich cookies Gluten Free, Regular Oreos, Vanilla or Holiday flavors
- Crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
Melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or on the stovetop. Once melted, remove from heat.
Dip Oreos in melted chocolate and crushed candy canes. Let cool completely.