Reindeer Munch – the perfect easy sweet and salty snack to munch on at holiday parties or while watching Christmas movies. Best of all, this simple mix is fun to make with popcorn, Rice Chex cereal, cashews, peanut butter, pretzels and festive M&M’s.
Reindeer Munch, Christmas Chow, Santa’s Munch Mix, Bunny Bait, Muddy Buddies, Puppy Chow – no matter what you call it, this stuff is so fun and simple to make!
It makes the perfect snack to munch on while you’re wrapping gifts or watching some festive holiday movies.
And you can’t beat how easy it comes together too. My kids loved helping me mix this classic sweet and savory treat together. We add everything into a resealable bag and shake! So simple and super fun for the kids.
The best part about making your own snack mix is that you can easily customize the ingredients with what you have in your pantry.
HOW TO MAKE REINDEER MUNCH
- You start off by adding Rice Chex cereal, popped popcorn, pretzels, roasted cashews and some red, green and white holiday M&M’s into a large resealable bag.
- Drizzle in the melted coconut oil and peanut butter and lightly toss.
- Pour powdered sugar and shake until well coated. Serve in a large bowl and add some more holiday M&M’s for a festive touch.
This Christmas Reindeer Munch is sweet, salty with a delightful crunch in every bite.
It will be hard to stop eating this by the handful so it’s just perfect for sharing.
Package it up into portions for a delicious homemade gift for friends, family and neighbors.
Reindeer Munch - the perfect easy sweet and salty snack to munch on at holiday parties or while watching Christmas movies. Best of all, this simple mix is fun to make with popcorn, Rice Chex cereal, cashews, peanut butter, pretzels and festive M&M's.
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pretzel sticks gluten free if necessary
- 1/2 cup pretzel twists gluten free if necessary
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 2/3 cups natural peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 3/4 cup Red & Green M&M's divided (leave out if desired)
- 1-1/4 - 2 cups powdered sugar use organic as needed
In a medium bowl microwaveable bowl, combine peanut butter and coconut oil. Microwave in 20-second increments until melted; stir until smooth.
Add popcorn, cereal, both pretzels and cashews into a large gallon sized resealable bag. Pour peanut butter mixture over. Seal bag tightly. Gently shake while pressing peanut butter mixture into cereal, until coated well.
Add powdered sugar, seal bag again and shake until coated evenly.
Pour snack mix into serving bowls, and holiday M&M's, if desired.
More homemade gifts: