Peppermint Frosted Brownies are the perfect holiday treat. A fudgy brownie with a peppermint cream cheese frosting topped with crushed candy canes.
One of our favorite holiday flavors is chocolate and peppermint. It just screams Christmas and we can’t get enough once December rolls around.
These Peppermint Frosted Brownies were one of the treats we made to take along to a friend’s house and they are now our new favorite brownies ever.
They’re so easy to make and perfect for taking along to a holiday party or family gathering.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Thins or use Peppermint Bark
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup peppermint Hershey Kisses
- 1 teaspoon pink food gel coloring optional
- crushed peppermint candy canes for topping
- festive sprinkles for topping
Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Line a square 8x8 pan with parchment paper leaving a 2" overhang for easy removal. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted. Whisk in sugar and oil and mix until well combined. Whisk in eggs slowly, one at a time and vanilla stirring until combined.
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture with a spatula until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and chopped peppermint crunch thins.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool completely, about an hour. Lift parchment and brownies out of the pan and cut into squares to serve.
Finely chop peppermint Hershey Kisses. Place in a heat safe bowl and microwave in 20 second increments until melted. Set aside and let cool slightly
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until creamy.
Gradually add sugar and melted Hershey Kisses, beating at low speed until smooth.
- To make the frosting pink, add a drop or two of pink food gel coloring.
- Spread frosting over brownies evenly with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle with chopped candy canes and festive sprinkles if desired.
Frosted brownies can be stored in airtight container in fridge for up to 3 days.
Looking for more ideas for holiday desserts?
Peppermint Stuffed Snowball Cookies
Double Chocolate Peppermint Swirl Cookies
I’ve never thought of using cream cheese frosting with peppermint, but now that I see it, I must make it! And they are so pretty too 🙂
Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner -
Oh wow, these brownies are picture perfect for Christmas! And I’m sure they taste amazing! Pinning. 🙂