Pomegranate Double Chocolate Granola makes a delicious and festive breakfast or snack. Best of all, it’s so easy to customize with you favorite add-ins!
Something I make nearly every week is a big batch of granola. It’s super simple to whip up and you can easily customize the flavors by tossing in whatever you have on hand.
With the holidays not too far away, I decided to add a festive touch to our favorite snack by throwing in some colorful pomegranate arils at the end.
We loved that this wasn’t too sweet and the flavor combination was just enough indulgence while still being on the healthy-ish side. Or you can totally ditch the chocolate chips and swap in some pistachios or your favorite nuts for a more wholesome version.
This Pomegranate Double Chocolate Granola recipe is simple to put together and can be in your oven in less than ten minutes.
It’s full of gluten free oats, shredded coconut, two kinds of chocolate chips and sweet pomegranate arils. It makes a great snack during the holidays and seriously impossible to stop at just one handful!
The great thing about granola is that you can make a big batch ahead of time and store it away to have on hand. Then in the morning, just toss some on top of some yogurt with your favorite fruit for breakfast.
A hearty and comforting bowl of goodness…just what we could all use right now ❤
Pomegranate Double Chocolate Granola makes a delicious and festive breakfast or snack. Best of all, it's so easy to customize with you favorite add-ins!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats use gluten free if necessary
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup, agave
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract. Pour over oat mixture and stir until just combined and moistened.
- Spread granola in an even layer onto a prepared baking sheet and pat down flat with a spatula or your clean hands.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until golden brown, rotating the pan halfway through. (DO not stir granola while baking).
- Remove pan from oven and allow granola to cool completely.
Once cool, break granola into clusters, toss in pomegranate arils, white chocolate chips, and dark chocolate chips and transfer to an airtight container.
- Serve with yogurt, milk and/or fruit of your choice.
Raspberry Double Chocolate Granola
Very tasty. I was making this to give as gifts for the holidays and the flavor is very good.
Rachelle @ Beer Girl Cooks -
I can always use a comforting bowl of goodness. This granola fits the bill with all that double chocolate happening in here!