Keto Pumpkin Donuts – an easy recipe for baked pumpkin donuts coated in a pumpkin spice sugar free coating. Perfect for an low carb and delicious fall breakfast!
Fall is in the air and all things pumpkin. And since it’s Friday, these Keto Pumpkin Donuts are just the donuts to help satisfy that Pumpkin Spice Donut craving.
They are deliciously moist, spongy and have are full of warm and cozy fall flavors.
You can enjoy one for breakfast, dessert or anytime you’re have that donut craving without having to head out to Starbucks or Tim Hortons for that pumpkin spice fix.
This recipe for Keto Pumpkin Donuts makes a batch of 12 mini donuts or 6 regular sized donuts. And if you don’t have a donut pan, divide the donut batter in a mini muffin tin for some Keto donut holes which would be just as delicious.
These low carb pumpkin donuts bake up deliciously moist, spongy and come together easily without having to pull out a stand mixer. Plus, they’re paleo, grain free, gluten free and sugar free.
Instead, I sweetened these sugar free pumpkin donuts with granulated monkfruit sweetener. Monkfruit sweetener works great for anyone who’s diabetic and limiting their sugar intake, or anyone that wants a low carb or paleo donut.
If you can’t find monk fruit sweetener, you can also try substituting with SWERVE or erythritol if not strict paleo.
HOW TO MAKE KETO PUMPKIN DONUTS
- For this sugar free pumpkin donut recipe, you’re going whisk together the eggs, pure pumpkin puree, almond milk, vanilla, melted ghee & monkfruit sweetener in a large bowl, until smooth and combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & stir until just combined.
- Transfer batter evenly into a greased 12 cavity silicone mini donut pan (or drop into mini muffin tins) (filling 3/4 full). I like using this silicone donut mold whenever I make gluten free donuts since the donuts pop out easily from the pan without having to grease or coat with baking spray. (Or you can also use a 6 cavity silicone donut pan for regular-sized donuts.)
- Bake in preheated oven 350F for 12-15 minutes (for mini) or (21-24 minutes for regular-sized) until golden brown. Allow donuts to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing.
- While the donuts are baking, combine the pumpkin spice and granulated monkfruit for the cinnamon sugar coating. You can also mix things up and make a Krispy Kreme style glaze or chocolate glaze depending on what you like.
- Dip in pumpkin spice/sweetener coating or top with glaze of your choice.
ARE ALMOND FLOUR DONUTS HEALTHY?
These gluten free donuts are made with much healthier ingredients than your typical store-bought donuts. Instead of granulated sugar, they are made with monkfruit sweetener, almond flour and coconut flour and will not cause a spike in your glucose level.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST KETO DONUTS:
- use a silicone donut mold and allow donuts to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes for easier removal
- fill each cavity in the donut pan 3/4 full – otherwise the donuts will overflow
- use a combination of both super-fine blanched almond flour and coconut flour to achieve a fluffy and moist sponge
- do NOT overmix the batter – stir in the dry ingredients until just combined
Keto Pumpkin Donuts - an easy recipe for baked pumpkin donuts coated in a pumpkin spice sugar free coating. Perfect for a gluten free, low carb and delicious fall breakfast!
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee OR butter if not paleo
- 1/4 cup granulated monkfruit sweetener , can also use granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 cup super-fine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 fine sea salt
- mini donut pan
- 1/4 cup granulated monkfruit sweetener , can also use granulated erythritol OR SWERVE
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted ghee , or buttter if not paleo
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, pumpkin puree, melted ghee, vanilla, melted ghee & monkfruit sweetener, until smooth and combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, , pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & stir until just combined.
- Transfer batter evenly into a greased 12 cavity silicone mini donut pan (or drop into mini muffin tins) (filling 3/4 full). (Or you can also use a 6 cavity silicone donut pan for regular-sized donuts.)
- Bake in preheated oven 350F for 12-15 minutes (for mini) or (21-24 minutes for regular-sized) until golden brown.
- Remove pan from the oven and set aside until the donuts are cool enough to handle.
- While the donuts are baking, stir together the granulated sweetener and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl.
- In a separate small heat-safe bowl, melt ghee (or butter).
- Take each cooled donut and lightly dunk in melted ghee then roll into the cinnamon/sweetener coating.
- Repeat with remaining donuts.
- Add the chopped chocolate and coconut oil to a small heat-safe bowl & melt in microwave. Stir in sweetener until combined.
- Dip the cooled donuts into the chocolate (double-dip if you want a thicker glaze) and place in the fridge until the chocolate coating has set.