Easy Raspberry Apple Pie – made with thinly sliced apples, fresh or frozen raspberries and a lattice top. Perfect pie recipe for Easter, Mother’s Day, the Fourth of July, Christmas or any special occasion.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links.
THE BEST HOMEMADE RASPBERRY APPLE PIE
Pies are my husband’s absolute favorite dessert. He would totally choose pie over cake any day. As much as he loves this Classic Apple Pie, we’re switching things up for “Pi” (e) Day with this easy raspberry apple pie.
The great thing about this raspberry apple pie is that you can use your favorite homemade pie crust recipe or a store bought one.
Frozen or fresh raspberries work in here as well so you can make this pie all year long. The touch of raspberries adds a light and sweet fruitiness and complements the apples really well.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY PIE RECIPE
Start off by rolling out your pie dough. You can use your favorite pie crust recipe or a store-bought one.
Slice up your apples then toss with sugar(s), flour, spices and lemon juice. Fill the pie with apples and layer with raspberries. Top with pie dough and decorate with a lattice topping or simply cut slits to vent the steam.
[amazon_textlink asin=’B000JPSI8C’ text=’Brush’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’lifmadswe09-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’11d83c3e-4279-11e8-b7ef-395077ee03ef’] with an egg wash and sprinkle with some coarse sugar.
Bake in the oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until the filling is nice and bubbly and the crust is nice and golden.
WHAT CAN YOU SERVE THIS RASPBERRY APPLE PIE WITH?
You can serve this delicious pie alone with some more fresh berries, a dollop of whipped cream…or with a scoop of vanilla or dairy free coconut ice cream.
You may need some of these supplies to make this Raspberry Apple Pie recipe:
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B0747R8BJG’ text=’9″ Pie Pan’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’lifmadswe09-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’8f914ba2-4279-11e8-b9b1-e37552703238′]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B00UNT0Y2M’ text=’Foil’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’lifmadswe09-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’a06883ac-4279-11e8-a77d-55a1b87bf1de’]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B000G0KJG4′ text=’Baking Sheet’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’lifmadswe09-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’afdd9353-4279-11e8-87b1-fdcccf5f2bdf’]
Easy Raspberry Apple Pie - made with thinly sliced apples, fresh or frozen raspberries and a lattice top. Perfect pie recipe for Easter, Mother's Day, the Fourth of July, Christmas or any special occasion.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar OR low carb sweetener
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar OR coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons almond flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6-7 apples, thinly sliced peeled apples I like to use a variety of tart & sweet - Granny Smith Pink Lady, Cortland and Honey Crisp
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1-2 cups fresh raspberries (if you use frozen, don't thaw them)
- Pastry for double-crust 9 inch pie
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- egg wash for brushing on crust
- coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves together in a medium bowl.
Place the apple slices in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Toss with three quarters (3/4) of the dry ingredients and mix to coat, reserving the rest for the raspberries.
- Carefully drape your rolled out pie crust over a standard 9" pie pan - using a rolling pin to help transfer. Leave the edges hanging over and trim any excess pieces.
- Using a slotted spoon, fill the pie pan with apple mixture, making a pile and packing down tightly. (do not add excess juices from the bowl). Add the raspberries to the bowl with the remainder of the dry ingredients and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice, toss to coat. Layer over apples in pie pan.
- Dot with butter and place the second rolled out pie crust on top (you can make a lattice top or simply cut slits to vent the steam). Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Place the pie pan on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 F and remove foil. Bake for an additional 30-40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. If the top of your pie is getting too brown, cover with foil again. Cool on a wire rack.