These Caramel Oatmeal Cookies with Rolo candies are soft, chewy and the perfect easy treat. They’re made with white & semi-sweet chocolate chip and a chocolate caramel center. Plus they’re drizzled with salted caramel for an extra decadent holiday treat!
We love making a variety of cookies and these latest Caramel Oatmeal Cookies are a new favorite.
CARAMEL OATMEAL COOKIES
These delicious cookies start off with my favorite soft and chewy oatmeal cookie base. We gave them a major make-over by loading them with white and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Also, stuffing them with an oozy chocolate and caramel Rolo inside.
To make them extra indulgent and special for the holidays, be sure to drizzle on some salted caramel sauce.
Of course, you can totally leave out the caramel. Although I think the sweet and salty combo with the oozy Rolo inside is just the best part.
They are perfect if you have some last minute baking or need an over-the-top cookie to bring to a party.
- 1-1/3 cup all-purpose flour spoon & sweep method
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1-1/3 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup Biscoff cookie butter spread (creamy) (or substitute with your favorite nut butter + 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon)
- 3-1/4 cup quick oats not old fashioned
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 22 unwrapped Rolos or other chocolate caramel candy
- salted caramel sauce for drizzling optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the oats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter and brown sugar together until smooth & combined. Whisk in the vanilla, Biscoff and then the egg until well incorporated. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix together with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries s reserving 1/4 cup of each for topping if desired.
- Place dough in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Roll the dough 1.5 tablespoon sized balls. Press one Rolo candy inside the dough ball and cover with another dough ball. Roll the two dough balls around the Rolo, making sure it is completely wrapped inside. Gently press down on the large cookie dough ball to flatten "slightly" and press a few more chocolate chips on top. Put 8 balls of dough onto each cookie sheet and place in the fridge to cool while you finish with the remainder of the cookie dough.
Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes for a soft and underbaked cookie. they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet.
Press a piece or two of the remaining chocolate chips into each cookie if desired. Cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce if desired.
If you need to find more holiday cookies, you can find all my cookies HERE or stop by my cookies board on Pinterest and follow along to stay up to date:
Leave a Comment