This Skillet Rosemary Lemon Chicken is cooked entirely in one pan and makes the perfect quick and easy dinner!
I am always on the lookout for easy meals that can be made all in one pan.
Because it’s summer and most of us would rather be outside in the sun than indoors and washing a gazillion dishes.
This Skillet Rosemary Lemon Chicken makes the perfect easy weeknight meal. It’s cooked entirely in one skillet and takes under 30 minutes to make start to finish.
No need to turn on your hot oven because it simmers all on your stove top.
It’s a simple and extremely flavorful chicken dish that just screams summer with the bright zippy lemon.
The chicken turns out SO crispy and juicy on the inside and pairs perfectly with the garlic, rosemary and sauteed mushrooms.
If your garden is overflowing with herbs, this is a great dish to use up some of that rosemary. So fresh and fragrant when paired with all that lemony goodness.
It’s always a hit with the hubs and my kiddos and one of our favorite go-to meals when we don’t feel like grilling.
With only minimal effort and a breeze to clean up, this makes the perfect weeknight meal that is sure to be a hit with the entire family.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves minced
- zest from 2 medium lemons
- splash of white wine optional
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- juice from 2 medium lemons
- 1 lemon sliced in rounds
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides, minced rosemary and rub the lemon zest all over them.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Lay the chicken skin-side down in the pan. Sear the thighs without moving them for about 4-5 minutes or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer). Turn the chicken over, add the juice of 1 lemon and cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for another 8-12 minutes more (depending on the thickness of chicken) or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add a teaspoon or more olive oil to the pan. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes, until they are starting to brown. Add wine and allow to simmer for about 1 minute.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the cooked chicken back to the skillet. Top with remaining lemon juice, lemon slices and rosemary sprigs and cover pan once more for about 4-5 more minutes. Adjust seasonings as needed. Remove from pan and serve.
More chicken chicken winner dinners