Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is an easy weeknight dinner with juicy chicken slow cooked in a flavorful sweet and spicy Asian garlic sauce.
One of my favorite dishes when I was growing up was anything with honey garlic sauce. My mom made the BEST honey garlic chicken wings and it was always such a treat whenever we had them for dinner.
It was always a hit and one of those lip smacking clean your plate meals.
So the other night, I decided to make my favorite childhood dish into the slow cooker. With two small kiddos, I am always trying to find every excuse to toss everything into the slow cooker for an easy and fuss-free dinner.
And you guys!!! The results were absolutely amazing!
Tender shredded chicken breasts are tossed in a tangy sweet sauce made with honey, garlic, and soy sauce.
The sauce is killer yummy and will leave you wanting to just drink it all up. The secret ingredients in here are the hoisin sauce, balsamic glaze and Thai sweet chili sauce.
It gives the dish an added depth of flavor that resembles your favorite local Chinese restaurant, except so much better and healthier. I also highly recommend adding in some crushed red pepper flakes or sriracha but if you’re not fan of heat, then feel free to leave them out.
So next time, skip the takeout and whip up this Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken with minimal effort.
Looking for more take-out favorites?
Slow cooker / Crockpot Chicken Lo Mein Noodles (a reader favorite that has been pinned over a million times)
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is a super easy dinner with juicy chicken slow cooked in an incredibly flavorful sweet and spicy Asian garlic sauce.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1 teaspoon Thai sweet red chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 1/12 tablespoons corn starch + 3 tablespoons cold water
- Green onions, sliced for garnish (optional)
- Sesame seeds, for garnish, optional
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken to bottom of crockpot.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, balsamic glaze, Thai sweet red chili sauce, sesame oil, garlic and onion. Pour sauce over chicken, cover with lid and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- To thicken sauce, whisk together corn starch and water in a small bowl and stir into slow cooker. Turn heat to high and allow sauce to cook and thicken for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with sauce over cooked rice or noodles. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired
*Use low sodium soy sauce if possible.
Due to the lower heating element in older slow cookers, the sauce may not thicken in the slow cooker. If that is the case, spoon out all the sauce from the slow cooker into a small saucepan and bring to a boil on high heat until it thickens up. Pour sauce over chicken and stir to combine.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!