Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Pulled Pork Quinoa Bowls – an easy and flavorful meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Served with pickled vegetables, sweet pineapples and cool cucumber.
My parents on the other hand, have always been spice fiends so you could usually find a bottle of Sriracha along with ten different other types of chili sauce in our kitchen.
These bowls come together easily and you can pretty much customize them with whatever veggies you have on hand.
The pulled pork is cooked low and slow in a spicy, sweet and savory sauce and gets balanced wonderfully by the pickled veggies, sweet pineapple and cool cucumbers.
They’re fun, fresh and tasty and the best part about this slow cooker meal is that it won’t heat up your kitchen during these warm summer evenings.
Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Pulled Pork Quinoa Bowls
Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Pulled Pork Quinoa Bowls - an easy and flavorful meal that's perfect for busy weeknights. Served with pickled vegetables, sweet pineapples and cool cucumber.
- FOR THE PORK
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/3 cups honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated or minced ginger
- 2 pounds pork roast
FOR THE BOWLS
- 2 cups Cooked Quinoa (I used Hodgson Mill)
- Pickled Vegetables
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Fresh Mint, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Sliced jalapeños, for garnish (optional)
- Sriracha for serving
- FOR THE PORK
- In the bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker, combine tomato sauce, Sriracha, pineapple juice, honey, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, onion, garlic and ginger. Nestle the pork in the middle and spoon sauce over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours, rotating once during cooking process, if possible.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and shred using two forks. Return pork to the slow cooker and toss to coat with sauce then squeeze in lime juice.
- TO ASSEMBLE
- Divide quinoa into bowls and layer with pork, pickled vegetables, cucumber slices, cilantro and top with mint, sliced jalapenos and a drizzle of Sriracha, if desired.
FOR THE PICKLED VEGETABLES In a medium resealable bowl or a mason jar, combine 2 tbs rice vinegar, 1 tbs sugar, salt then add 1/2 cup shredded carrots and 1/2 shredded. Seal bowl or jar and store in refrigerator until ready to assemble.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!
More bowl foods:
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with Hodgson Mill. All opinions are 100% my own.