Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Pulled Pork Quinoa Bowls – an easy and flavorful meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Served with pickled vegetables, sweet pineapples and cool cucumber.
My parents on the other hand, have always been spice fiends so you could usually find a bottle of Sriracha along with ten different other types of chili sauce in our kitchen.
These bowls come together easily and you can pretty much customize them with whatever veggies you have on hand.
The pulled pork is cooked low and slow in a spicy, sweet and savory sauce and gets balanced wonderfully by the pickled veggies, sweet pineapple and cool cucumbers.
They’re fun, fresh and tasty and the best part about this slow cooker meal is that it won’t heat up your kitchen during these warm summer evenings.
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 Tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/3 cups honey
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated or minced ginger
- 2 pounds pork roast
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- pickled vegetables
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- fresh pineapple chunks
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish
- fresh mint chopped, for garnish (optional)
- sliced jalapeños for garnish (optional)
- Sriracha for serving
In the bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker, combine tomato sauce, Sriracha, pineapple juice, honey, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, and ginger. Nestle the pork in the middle and spoon sauce over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours, rotating once during the cooking process, if possible.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and shred using two forks. Return pork to the slow cooker and toss to coat with sauce then squeeze in lime juice.
- Divide quinoa into bowls and layer with pork, pickled vegetables, cucumber slices, cilantro and top with mint, sliced jalapenos and a drizzle of Sriracha, if desired.
FOR THE PICKLED VEGETABLES
In a medium resealable bowl or a mason jar, combine 2 tbs rice vinegar, 1 tbs sugar, salt then add 1/2 cup shredded carrots and 1/2 shredded. Seal bowl or jar and store in refrigerator until ready to assemble.
More bowl foods:
Roasted Vegetable Buddha Bowls
Grilled Vegetables Quinoa Salad
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with Hodgson Mill. All opinions are 100% my own.
Love these bowls, it is a great way to serve pork and the sweet savoury combo must be gorgeous
I never liked spicy food growing up, but now I’m the only one in the house that really loves it so I have to portion out some food for myself to ADD it. haha I LOVE sriracha and all the sweet and savory going on here, Kelly! I’m coming over for dinner!
I love eating delicious bowls like this. You had me at honey sriracha pulled pork! I could see so many ways of eating that. After this quiinoa bowl, I’d make tacos, then pizza, then top it with an egg for breakfast…yum, yum!