Slow Cooker Pumpkin Monkey Bread – an easy make-ahead recipe perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Best of all, it’s loaded with cozy fall spices using your favorite refrigerated cinnamon roll dough. Plus video
Monkey bread, bubble bread, or pull apart bread. So many fun ways to say it and even more fun to eat.
No matter what you call it, it’s basically an irresistibly gooey cinnamon sugar dough covered with a sticky coating. Super comforting for breakfast, brunch or any ole’ time you feel like stepping up your dessert game.
This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Monkey Bread is the ultimate make-ahead dish for special occasions and gatherings. With the busy holiday season not too far away, you can have a comforting, indulgent breakfast without having to slave away for hours in advance.
What you need to make Pumpkin Monkey Bread:
- refrigerated cinnamon roll dough (or use homemade dough if you prefer)
- pumpkin pie spice
- melted butter
- brown sugar
- cream cheese
- pure pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
The best part about this is Pumpkin Monkey Bread recipe is that there are instructions to make it in the slow cooker and the oven.
This Pumpkin Monkey Bread took about 2 hours in my slow cooker but be sure to check yours if your machine runs on the hotter side.
Top with some chopped roasted pecans or your favorite syrup or cream cheese glaze and you’ve got a killer breakfast perfect for any occasion.
- 2 12.4-ounce cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls or biscuit dough
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans optional
- 2 Tablespoons canned pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- maple syrup, caramel sauce, or cream cheese glaze
- For the pumpkin cheesecake filling: In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a 5-6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
Combine the granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon in a large zip-top bag or a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together the melted butter with brown sugar; set aside and be sure to reserve at least 2 tablespoons for drizzling over the rolls prior to turning on the slow cooker.
- Separate cinnamon rolls and cut each into halves. Flatten each half and place about 1 teaspoon of the cheesecake filling inside. Top with another half piece of dough and press the sides together and roll into balls.
Dip each ball into melted butter then toss into a freezer bag and shake everything together or dip each ball into bowl, coating well.
- Place dough balls into a single layer in the bottom of the slow cooker. Drizzle with remaining melted butter and top with chopped pecans if desired.
Place two pieces of paper towels to cover the slow cooker (this prevents condensation from dripping) then place lid carefully over the paper towel and cook on high for 1-1/2 - 2 hours. (**VERY IMPORTANT: If your slow cooker runs hot, check at 1 hour then again at 1 1/2 hours to be safe.)
- Turn off slow cooker, and allow to sit uncovered for 5 minutes, then run a knife around edge of the slow cooker and transfer monkey bread onto separate serving plates. (Do not leave remaining monkey bread in the slow cooker). Top each serving with syrup or favorite cream cheese glaze if desired.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 10 cup fluted tube pan or bundt pan. Arrange coated dough balls in pan. Drizzle with melted butter mixture and chopped pecans.
- Bake 25- 30 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in the center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate. Top each serving with syrup or favorite cream cheese glaze if desired.
More desserts you might like: