These Monster Cookies are soft and chewy delights loaded with wholesome gluten-free oat flour, nut butter, coconut sugar, dairy-free chocolate chips and leftover Halloween Candy. Perfect for sharing and an irresistible treat that are sure to satisfy your sweet candy cravings!
Monster Cookies Recipe: A Delightful Gluten-Free Treat
Are you ready to embark on a delicious journey into the world of festive cookies? These soft and chewy Monster Cookies are here to satisfy your sweet tooth while accommodating your dietary preferences.
With the perfect balance of sweetness, chewiness, and a touch of “monster” fun, these cookies are sure to become a family favorite. And they’re perfect for using up leftover Halloween Candy or sharing with family and friends before heading out for trick-or-treating. Whether it’s a family gathering, potluck, or just a sweet treat for yourself, these candy cookies are a crowd-pleaser and are sure to become a family favorite.
These healthy monster cookies have got you covered and are a must-try for cookie lovers whether you’re gluten-free, dairy-free, or simply craving a mouthwatering treat,
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Gluten-Free Finely Ground Oat Flour: The oat flour forms the base of our gluten-free cookies.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: Baking soda and baking powder give these cookies that perfect rise.
- Salt: A pinch of salt enhances the flavor.
- Vegan Butter (or Substitutes): Vegan butter provides a rich and buttery texture to the cookies. You can also use coconut oil, ghee, or regular butter if dairy-free isn’t a concern.
- Coconut Sugar (or Substitutes): Sweetness comes from coconut sugar, but you can switch it out with monk fruit sweetener, brown swerve, or regular brown sugar.
- Eggs (or Substitutes): Eggs add moisture and structure. If you’re vegan or have allergies, choose your favorite egg substitute.
- Creamy Cashew Butter (or Substitutes): Creamy cashew butter brings a delightful nutty flavor. Feel free to swap it with peanut butter or any nut or seed butter of your choice.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract imparts a lovely aroma and flavor.
- Gluten-Free Quick-Cooking Oats: These oats give the cookies their signature chewy texture. If you don’t have quick-cooking oats, you can try subbing just under 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats.
- Vegan White Chocolate Chips (or Substitutes): Vegan white chocolate chips add sweetness and creaminess. Use your preferred brand or switch to dark chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Candy-Coated Chocolate Candies: An optional add-in to make these cookies truly “monster,” use candy-coated chocolate candies of your choice. Get creative with such as Unreal Dark Chocolate Gems, Lily’s Sweets Candy Dark Chocolate Coated Chocolate, Reese’s Pieces, Smarties, M&M’s or chocolate candies of choice. Feel free to add more chocolate chips if preferred or omit., or your favorite candies.
Instructions: How to make Monster Cookies
- Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together gluten-free oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the oats.
- Wet Ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk melted vegan butter and coconut sugar until smooth. Add vanilla, nut butter, and eggs (or substitutes). Mix until well combined.
- Combine Wet and Dry: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix until just combined. Fold in white chocolate chips and candy-coated chocolates, reserving some for topping if desired. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat and Prepare: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Form Cookies: Scoop or measure 2-1/2 tablespoon size cookie dough balls and place them on prepared sheets.
- Bake: Bake for 10-12 minutes for a soft and underbaked cookie. Press extra chocolate chips and candies into each cookie if desired. Cool on the sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Tips for Success for the Best Monster Cookies
- Properly Measure Your Flour: Ensure accurate measurements by using the spoon and sweep method for the oat flour or the gluten-free flour of your choice.
- Chill the Dough: Refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes before baking to prevent spreading and achieve a thicker cookie.
These easy monster cookies are perfect for dessert, snacks, or even as a fun addition to your next party or gathering. Serve with a glass of your favorite dairy-free milk or a scoop of vegan ice cream for a delightful treat.
Variations and Substitutions
Get creative with your soft monster cookies:
- Nut-Free: Opt for seed butter and skip any nut-based ingredients to make them nut-free.
- Flavor Twist: Experiment with different nut butters for unique flavors.
- Chocolate Choices: Swap white chocolate chips for dark chocolate or your preferred dairy-free chocolate chips.
Storage and Freezer Instructions
Store your soft baked monster cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. To freeze, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet until solid, then transfer to a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Frequently Asked Quetions (FAQs)
- Why are they called Monster Cookies? Monster Cookies earned their name due to their monster-sized portions and the diverse mix of ingredients. With oat flour, chocolate chips, candies, and more, these cookies are packed with “monster” goodness.
- Are original Monster Cookies gluten-free? No, traditional Monster cookies from scratch are not gluten-free but our oatmeal monster cookies recipe is gluten-free. They use gluten-free oat flour and quick oats, making them suitable for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
- How can I make these cookies vegan? To make them vegan, substitute the eggs with your favorite egg replacer, such as flax eggs or applesauce.
- What’s the best way to store leftover cookies? Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. For longer storage, freeze them.
- Can I customize the add-ins in this recipe? Absolutely! You can personalize your Monster Cookies by using different types of chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruits as add-ins. Get creative and make them your own!
MORE MONSTER COOKIE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
These Monster Cookies are soft and chewy delights loaded with wholesome oat flour, nut butter, coconut sugar, dairy-free chocolate chips and leftover Halloween Candy. Perfect for sharing and an irresistible treat that are sure to satisfy your sweet candy cravings!
- 1 1/3 cup gluten-free finely ground oat flour you can also sub with gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour or finely ground almond flour, properly measured with the spoon & sweet method
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan butter melted, you can also sub with coconut oil (refined for no coconut flavor), ghee or unsalted butter if you're not dairy-free
- 1 1/3 cup coconut sugar you can also sub with Lakanto golden monk fruit sweetener or Brown swerve for a lower sugar option or regular brown sugar
- 2 large eggs. room temperature or sub with egg substitute of choice
- 3/4 cup creamy cashew butter you can also sub with peanut butter or any other nut butter or seed butter of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups gluten-free quick-cooking oats , if you don't have quick-cooking oats, you can try subbing just under 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats.
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate chips we like Pacha's Chocolate or Enjoy Life. You can also sub with vegan dark chocolate chips or chocolate chips of choice if you're not dairy-free
- 1 cup candy coated chocolate candies of choice , such as Unreal Dark Chocolate Gems, Lily's Sweets Candy Dark Chocolate Coated Chocolate, Reese's Pieces, Smarties, M&M's or chocolate candies of choice. Feel free to add more chocolate chips if preferred or omit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in the oats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugar together until smooth & combined. Whisk in the vanilla, nut butter and then the egg until well incorporated. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix together with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips and candy coated chocolate reserving 1/4 cup of each for topping if desired. Place dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Using a large cookie scoop or measure and roll 2-1/2 tablespoon size cookie dough balls. Place about 8 balls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes for a soft and underbaked cookie. they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet. Press a piece or two of the remaining chocolate chips and candy coated chocolates into each cookie if desired. Cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
How to store: Store your Monster Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
How to freeze: Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet until solid, then transfer to a freezer-safe container for up to three months.