Candy Oreo Monster Skillet Cookie Pizza – a fun dessert perfect for sharing. Best of all, it’s easy to customize with your favorite candy on a soft and chewy peanut butter oatmeal cookie base.
Do you ever buy too much Halloween candy? I always buy a little bit extra since I am always worried we will run out halfway through the night.
Now that we take our son trick-or-treating for a good part of the evening, most of the kids have already made their rounds by the time we get home.
So I’ve been trying to find creative ways to use up some of the leftover candy that we do have lying around
My chocoholic husband declared this the best dessert ever after taking only one bite and proceeded to polish off the entire skillet all by himself.
It starts off with a soft and chewy peanut butter oatmeal cookie base then it’s piled on with:
–> peanut butter M&M’s
–> mini Rolos
–> mini Oreo cookies
–> mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cups
This would work with any other mix-ins you have on hand too so if you have Snickers, Twix or Mars bars – just toss them all in 🙂
It’s the perfect way to get rid of leftover Halloween candy and comes together in about 30 minutes.
You can’t beat how easy it is to make too! No rolling AND no chilling required.
Candy Oreo Monster Skillet Cookie Pizza
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup old fashion rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini Oreo cookies or use chopped regular Oreo cookies]
- 1 cup candy of your choice - I used:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter M&Ms
- 1/4 cup mini Rolos
- 1/4 cup mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9 inch cast iron skillet or cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and oats and stir to combine.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together melted butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined. Whisk in peanut butter then the vanilla extract followed by the egg. and mix until smooth. Slowly stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Fold in half of the M&M's and Oreo cookies - reserving the other half for topping.
- Gently press cookie dough into prepared skillet and top with mini Rolos, Reese's peanut butter cups, remaining candy and Oreo cookies evenly.
- Bake 22 - 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream.
*Photos updated October, 2015
You might also like:
Jumbo Monster Cookie – Center Cut Cook
Cookies & Cream Oreo Blondies – Six Sisters’ Stuff
Lady’s Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie – Modern Honey